Watch out for this if selling a place you bought before July 2012!

jane doe
Regular

Re: Watch out for this if selling a place you bought before July 2012!

Post by jane doe »

Deep Blue wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:41 am I think most of us would have heard about this before if it really was as the OP described. I suspect something has been lost in translation.
Well, here is the original I got from the estate agent, so for those who want to challenge their translating chops, どうぞ! I think many might conclude that he was not exactly clear himself, referring both to them issuing the 「外国人登録証明書」and the 在留カード, and he did indeed tell us it would take about a month to get the document we needed. As you don't actually speak directly to the scrivener until you're at completion, and the agent was reporting back to us what the scrivener told him was needed, it was definitely a case of Japanese whispers, rather than lost in translation.

Moral of the story, I think, is don't rely on your estate agent's real estate knowledge. Check for yourself. They're happy to take foreigner business these days, but that doesn't mean they're all up to speed with your special situation and can tend to the robotic.

Anyway, for those with a taste for Byzantine bureaucracy, enjoy!
"謄本の住民票に「property address」の住所が記載されていませんでした。
「外国人登録証明書」の追加取得が急務です。
東京都新宿区四谷1-6-1 四谷タワー13F, 入国管理局総務課情報システム管理室入国情報公開係
窓口の担当者に「jane doeさんの2000年1月1日から2012年7月8日までの外国人登録証明書のコピーを取りたいのですが」とお伝えください。支払いのため、至急必要です」とお伝えください。
在留カードの発行には通常1ヶ月かかりますので、最短で11月20日(月)に申請することは可能でしょうか?
おそらく11月24日の決済には間に合わないので、延長契約を結び、決済を延長する予定です。
Last edited by jane doe on Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

ClearAsMud wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:49 pm (MOJ, by the way, definitely requires [edit: likes getting] a copy of this if you apply for naturalization).
I will only comment on this part since it's the part I know. This used to be a requirement for naturalization but my understanding is they have removed this requirement since the MOJ has now empowered itself to look through your records and check themselves. You are correct though that they used to require this since it was the only way to check your records.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

I live in Fukuoka, so why would I have to go to Yotsuya in Tokyo, as mentioned here?: “…AFAIK there is only one place you can do this, at an office in Yotsuya…”.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Two of you sold this unit? Was the other person a Japanese national? “… We had to reschedule completion and risked the buyer pulling out after exchange of contracts, and even chasing us for damages. Technically it was our fault, even though we would expect the agent to warn us about paperwork we needed…”
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

Silversurfer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm I live in Fukuoka, so why would I have to go to Yotsuya in Tokyo, as mentioned here?: “…AFAIK there is only one place you can do this, at an office in Yotsuya…”.
You can apply by post, or have someone act on your behalf with a Power of Attorney.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.