Credit card tsumitate increase

MyTime
Regular

Re: Credit card tsumitate increase

Post by MyTime »

Sorry to slightly divert the thread, but I have a related question.

Having read this thread I applied for (and received very quickly!) a Rakuten credit card to make my monthly Rakuten tsumetate payments.

I currently have 300,000 yen cash in my Rakuten Shoken account to cover the payments for April, May, and June. Then I want to switch to paying by card from July.

If my understanding of the above discussion is correct, to do this successfully I will need to switch the payment method from cash to card after the June payment is taken, but before June 10--is that right??
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

MyTime wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am Sorry to slightly divert the thread, but I have a related question.

Having read this thread I applied for (and received very quickly!) a Rakuten credit card to make my monthly Rakuten tsumetate payments.

I currently have 300,000 yen cash in my Rakuten Shoken account to cover the payments for April, May, and June. Then I want to switch to paying by card from July.

If my understanding of the above discussion is correct, to do this successfully I will need to switch the payment method from cash to card after the June payment is taken, but before June 10--is that right??
Yes but I believe credit card setup deadline is the 12th for rakuten. The schedule table is here: https://faq.rakuten-sec.co.jp/10002408

Also make sure to link the credit card beforehand just in case there's weird name matching problem.
Last edited by nanaya on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyTime
Regular

Post by MyTime »

^^^Many thanks Nanaya--I *think* I understand now...
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

adamu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:58 pm So what I need to do is wait for the cash order to be placed automatically in early April (BUT BEFORE 10 April, the CC setting deadline), then cancel the cash setting to free up 50k of predicted payments from May, which will then (hopefully) let me up the CC setting from 50k to 100k effective May onwards. I'll report back on 3rd April or so if it worked...

🤕
Just reporting this went as planned.

Both the ¥50k credit card order for the funds that were deducted last month and lived in the ether for a while, and this month's cash order were placed automatically in the last two days. After that, the ¥50,000 tsumitate standing order for the cash investment was showing as "Next order 2 May", which I cancelled, and updated the ¥50,000 tsumitate standing order for the credit card payment ("Next order 1 May") to ¥100,000, which I expect will be deducted from the CC shortly after 10 April.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

RE: Newsletter: A nice write up. I might even upgrade to the Rakuten gold card: Credit card tsumitate is getting better! (https://yensensei.substack.com/p/credit ... is-getting)
If I get the Gold card, what is the over/under on a Rakuten points rugpull? :lol:

I had one before, they downgraded it, I switched. (However, they did refund me, so I was ahead on that).
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:24 am
RE: Newsletter: A nice write up. I might even upgrade to the Rakuten gold card: Credit card tsumitate is getting better! (https://yensensei.substack.com/p/credit ... is-getting)
If I get the Gold card, what is the over/under on a Rakuten points rugpull? :lol:

I had one before, they downgraded it, I switched. (However, they did refund me, so I was ahead on that).
Almost certainly 100%

Oh, I only got the stupid credit card in the first place a couple of months before they nerfed it.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

I haven't checked in a while because I got sick of Rakuten's shit but the meta was always the free card or Premium. Gold is a trap that doesn't give enough benefits for the annual fee.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

zeroshiki wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:49 am I haven't checked in a while because I got sick of Rakuten's shit but the meta was always the free card or Premium. Gold is a trap that doesn't give enough benefits for the annual fee.
I was referring to the writeup in the link provided.

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 am
zeroshiki wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:49 am I haven't checked in a while because I got sick of Rakuten's shit but the meta was always the free card or Premium. Gold is a trap that doesn't give enough benefits for the annual fee.
I was referring to the writeup in the link provided.

I'm not falling for this again. Not for 800 yen a year :lol:
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Dibs on Rakuten cutting the point rate, or at least some kind of cut, by October 🔮