SBI wanting update of customer information

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
CluelessToshika
Regular

SBI wanting update of customer information

Post by CluelessToshika »

So I got an email titled [重要]「『お客さまのご登録情報更新・提出等』のお願い」(ご対応期限2024/05/29(水)) this fine rainy morning, which was an invitation from SBI to help them belay their worries that I am engaged in international money laundering by a) confirming my basic data, b) re-entering my zairyu card information including uploading of a scan of both sides, which seems a bit excessive given I only opened the account in mid-February and they have all that already.

Is this a regular thing for all customers, or have they singled me out for some reason? The only thing I can think of is that the zairyu card expires in 3 months from today, though I'll be kicking off the extension process next week anyway to get it out of the way as early as possible.

Anyway PSA if anyone else gets this: if you are blessed by a middle name, they want you to write it as "FirstMiddlename" in the "本命(英字名)" column, with no space in between.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: SBI wanting update of customer information

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Rakuten did a round of this a few months back, anyone who did not comply by the given data was locked out of their account, so take it seriously.

PayPay just send me a similar request.

(The payment app, not the securities app)
Last edited by Tsumitate Wrestler on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
CluelessToshika
Regular

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am Rakuten did a round of this a few months back, anyone who did not comply by the given data was locked out of their account, so take it seriously.
Yeah, my handler in Pyongyang said I need to be on top of this stuff, so form already submitted.
CluelessToshika
Regular

Just had pretty much the same thing from Mercari. The wording indicates it's a general request and the zairyu card must have at least 60 day's validity left. Though I guess that means I'll have to upload it again after it's renewed...
CluelessToshika
Regular

And today SBI informs me that "[重要]「お客さまのご登録情報更新手続き完了のご案内」" so I guess that's all done and dusted (though no dount they'll start wanting the updated zairyu card info fairly soon).