Sock options

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Deep Blue
Veteran

Re: Sock options

Post by Deep Blue »

greeninjapan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:59 pm
Deep Blue wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 am I have the same size feet and order online from Amazon UK or US.
Thank you! I hadn't thought of ordering from UK or US...I've only ordered from JP and have been disappointed. I will do some browsing on Amazon.
Yeah I just throw some in when I am ordering something else as the incremental postage is de minimis. I did try Shein and Temu but neither were quite big enough. Lesson learned!
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

greeninjapan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pm
AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am I'm pretty sure I've seen normal business socks with a size designation of "28~30cm" at the underwear/pyjamas/socks area of Aeon.
Thank you! I've tried a couple from Aeon, just about large enough but they are too tight at the top. I will keep looking there though!
My feet a longer than yours, but I have never experience socks being "too tight" at the top. So I am not sure how to advise you.

Muji offers socks in larger sizes, that work fine for me.

Happy socks has sizes 13+ (European 47-51) (https://www.happysocks.com/gl/product/P ... dult=47-51)
Tokyo
Veteran

Post by Tokyo »

My feet at 28.5cm are not quite as large as yours but I get all my socks from Uniqlo. Their online store offers 27-29cm options at their regular cheap prices as well as many always on sale in numerous colors and styles. Since I started wearing Heat Tech socks in winter, I can’t go back to regular ones. Free shipping kicks in I believe from ¥5,000 yen so it’s convenient too.
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:30 pm
greeninjapan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pm
AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am I'm pretty sure I've seen normal business socks with a size designation of "28~30cm" at the underwear/pyjamas/socks area of Aeon.
Thank you! I've tried a couple from Aeon, just about large enough but they are too tight at the top. I will keep looking there though!
My feet a longer than yours, but I have never experience socks being "too tight" at the top. So I am not sure how to advise you.

Muji offers socks in larger sizes, that work fine for me.

Happy socks has sizes 13+ (European 47-51) (https://www.happysocks.com/gl/product/P ... dult=47-51)
Thank you for the info! There is a Muji nearby, I will visit!
greeninjapan

Post by greeninjapan »

Tokyo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:33 pm My feet at 28.5cm are not quite as large as yours but I get all my socks from Uniqlo. Their online store offers 27-29cm options at their regular cheap prices as well as many always on sale in numerous colors and styles. Since I started wearing Heat Tech socks in winter, I can’t go back to regular ones. Free shipping kicks in I believe from ¥5,000 yen so it’s convenient too.
Thank you! I'm on Uniqlo's site now and as you wrote they go up to 29cm. I do quite a lot of shopping at their local store and haven't tried on-line, but this could be the first time. :)
Cheeseman
Regular

Post by Cheeseman »

I was amazed to find socks in big size (29cm) They stretch on my 30`s just fine, in the 100 yen shop. Black business style. Fairly average sock quality.
Teflon
Veteran

Post by Teflon »

If you are in the Tokyo area then you can try Hikari shoes which specializes in larger shoe sizes. They also have a limited selection of large sized socks. The main store is in Kawasaki but they also have one in the Kanda area of Tokyo.

I've never had a problem finding size 32 shoes and socks there. Prices are higher than ABC Mart but this is a very niche market. :D
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am https://tabio.com/jp/

OP has size 30 feet!
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Deep Blue wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am https://tabio.com/jp/

OP has size 30 feet!
Lol, they will work. Unless OP prefers the more modern styling with a short inseam. However, usually that necessities some sock flare.

Happy socks, which come in size 13+, and I linked above, have you covered. They are also sold at many independent retailers in Japan.