Retirement Planning software/apps/spreadsheets

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Seasider4374
Regular

Retirement Planning software/apps/spreadsheets

Post by Seasider4374 »

So whilst browsing https://www.retirejapan.com/forum/viewt ... 523#p35523 here on saving kids' funds I noticed...
...causing me into a YouTube rabbit-hole binge watch of a lot of James Shack's videos...

In one video in which he argues the 4% draw-down is outdated, and that your own retirement needs need to be calculated more carefully, he mentioned a software platform, namely Timeline.co, that he uses with clients. Upon searching it, sadly, seems a professional use product only.

But this got me wondering what, if any, pre-made spreadsheets/apps/software users here use?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Retirement Planning software/apps/spreadsheets

Post by RetireJapan »

I just have two Google sheets: one monthly tracking net worth, and the other very basic future projections.

They are easy to update and help me think about things (which is the point of planning)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Seasider4374
Regular

Post by Seasider4374 »

Similar two excel sheets here, which suggests I'm doing something right if on the same page as RJ ;-)
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

I grab an old envelope or napkin, and do my numbers there.
Seasider4374
Regular

Post by Seasider4374 »

Been there with a CoCo Ichiban napkin before for sure! Prefer excel now. Though different drinks for different folks and all :D
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

I use the old YNAB4 patched to work on 64-bit MacOS and the corresponding Android app, synced via wifi, for tracking/expenses + budgeting.

I have a cobbled together spreadsheet for tracking net worth (that tells me 25% of my assets are in crypto :shock:).