Credit card tsumitate increase

Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Credit card tsumitate increase

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

adamu wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:28 am Dibs on Rakuten cutting the point rate, or at least some kind of cut, by October 🔮
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:24 am
... what is the over/under on a Rakuten points rugpull? :lol:
I say January 2025. More chance people will ignore the downgrade email during the busy month of December.
MyTime
Regular

Post by MyTime »

nanaya wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am Also make sure to link the credit card beforehand just in case there's weird name matching problem.
Taking this good advice, I just tried to register my new Rakuten credit card on my Rakuten Shoken account, and, to my dismay, there is indeed a "weird name matching problem." :cry:

The problem is that the kana account name for my Rakuten Shoken account includes my middle name, but the kana account name for my Rakuten credit card doesn't.

The automatic error message told me to contact the Rakuten Card company, but it seems to me that this would rather be something that Rakuten Shoken would have to sort out.

Has anyone else had similar trouble, or have any advice??
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

MyTime wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 am The problem is that the kana account name for my Rakuten Shoken account includes my middle name, but the kana account name for my Rakuten credit card doesn't.

The automatic error message told me to contact the Rakuten Card company, but it seems to me that this would rather be something that Rakuten Shoken would have to sort out.

Has anyone else had similar trouble, or have any advice??
Are you saying the kanji/romaji name are both the same (includes middle name?) but the kana on card doesn't have middle name? :?

My guess would be calling card first and try getting them to update it to match. In the worst case they'll tell to contact shoken instead.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

I suspect the card too.

The securities account should really have your name correct; the card, i don’t have that confidence in.
MyTime
Regular

Post by MyTime »

I suppose it's probably my own fault for not making sure my name is written exactly the same way everywhere. I don't usually use my middle name in most circumstances (in English or Japanese), but I do if it is required (or depending on the name entry format in the application or whatever). I guess I have some phone calls to make... :(
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

sutebayashi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm I suspect the card too.

The securities account should really have your name correct; the card, i don’t have that confidence in.
in my case it's actually securities that needed update. When registering I managed to convince them to use the actual order (passport order) instead of the wrong zairyu card order. but that ended up backfiring so I updated the securities to match zairyu card anyway.