Getting tired of Monex

blos
Regular

Getting tired of Monex

Post by blos »

Because for a ton of different operations requires me to call their helpline and ask them to send the papers.

I'd rather minimize that so I'm considering moving to a different ideco provider now that I'm also changing jobs (and because of short stint of unemployment, the contributions stopped) where I can do most of this kind of procedures on-line. Preferrably as much as possible filling forms on the PC and uploading pdf's, but even just being able to order the docs without having to talk to a person is a big bonus.

Yeah I don't like calling to helpdesk. I do like calling restaurants etc to make reservations so I'm not a total introvert I think... but banks/brokers/big companies helpdesks... yuk.

Any recommendations? I quickly checked SBI and they seemed to have most papers available for order via a web form, so that would be an improvement...

The only other requirement is to have emaxis s&p and whole world or similar as a product.
Last edited by blos on Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamu
Sage

Re: Getting tired of Monex

Post by adamu »

Have changed jobs/address with SBI multiple times.

Order physical form via web form, post back with photocopies of ID.
Someone else posted that they had issues with SBI, but I've not had any personally.

They only have the ex-JP version of eMaxis Slim All Country, though. You can go for the SBI version or make your own with eMaxis Slim ex-JP + TOPIX.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Getting tired of Monex

Post by RetireJapan »

blos wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:53 am but even just being able to order the docs without having to talk to a person is a big bonus.
Rakuten you can mostly order the iDeCo paperwork through the site.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)