Japanese stockbroker with 2FA login?

ChapInTokyo
Regular

Japanese stockbroker with 2FA login?

Post by ChapInTokyo »

Do any of the Japanese online brokers have 2 factor authentification in their logins?

I've noticed that Monex and Rakuten Securities have "secret questions" as part of their login, but I wonder whether any broker has an app or token based 2FA or passkey security like US brokers like Firstrade.

I have a pretty strong password of course, but just wondering whether any brokers allow use of 2FA. Thanks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Japanese stockbroker with 2FA login?

Post by RetireJapan »

ChapInTokyo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:36 am Do any of the Japanese online brokers have 2 factor authentification in their logins?

I've noticed that Monex and Rakuten Securities have "secret questions" as part of their login, but I wonder whether any broker has an app or token based 2FA or passkey security like US brokers like Firstrade.

I have a pretty strong password of course, but just wondering whether any brokers allow use of 2FA. Thanks.
You can turn on 2FA login with Rakuten and they will send two pictures to your email that you need to select to login.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
ChapInTokyo
Regular

Post by ChapInTokyo »

Thanks! I’ve just filled in my details on the Rakuten securities site so hopefully I’ll have the paperwork next week to get me on there.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

SBI securities have a whole 2FA app but it is not enforced for the main site 🤷‍♂️
ChapInTokyo
Regular

Post by ChapInTokyo »

Oh I see. Is there a way to set it up so that the app can be used as 2FA for logon to the main site?