Not Japanese, no entry

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Not Japanese, no entry

Post by RetireJapan »

cocacola wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:16 am Several months ago, I was walking to my local grocer, where there is a bus stop situated right in front of it. As I was walking, I noticed a long line of, what appeared to be, Chinese men, filing out of the bus, led by an Asian woman (she was probably Chinese, too). I know I am profiling, too, but we all do it, so cut me some slack! Anyway, it wasn't the fact that they were Chinese that caught my attention. It was because they were walking all in single-file, and they appeared to be between mid-20's and 30's. All quite fit, tall. All men. None of them carried any bags, backpacks, luggage. It just seemed odd... usually, for a tour group, you'd see a mix of different people-types, and you could really tell that they are tourists. This situation was strange.
Sounds like a group of workers from that description (Chinese or otherwise).
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 am Not everyone has the personality to "speak to the manager" on the spot. Though I certainly respect those who can channel their inner Karen for the good of all. :)

I think I would complain vocally, and perhaps even leave a public facing negative reviews that described the experience from a purely factual basis (to avoid slander). I would also be messaging the Mainichi or similar.
True, but I am only saying what I would do. It's not a prescription for others.

The reason it is important to speak to someone responsible is because often the customer/public facing person does not have any freedom of action: they are either following policy or they have misunderstood the policy. The 責任者 is able to explain and take responsibility for the policy.

So instead of complaining or arguing with the person at the door, much better to just politely ask to speak to the person in charge and get the real story.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
cocacola
Regular

Post by cocacola »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:39 am Sounds like a group of workers from that description (Chinese or otherwise).
Hmm, could be. Maybe I am just turning into a suspicious-of-everything oyaji.