UK Debanking - Lloyds & Barclycard query

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
Seasider4374
Regular

UK Debanking - Lloyds & Barclycard query

Post by Seasider4374 »

After reading this thread I just wondered if any members had any similiar instances with Lloyds?

To date I've never received notice of any intent to close my accounts, but then I have always kept my registered address as being my parents' in the UK.....

I've got full internet banking and app access, and Lloyds seem happy to call my Japanese mobile number if I need to confirm online access/payments.

Regarding any new cards sent, a quick Skype call home and I get the new cardnumbers/expiries/CVCs (I only ever need use my Lloyds cards online, never physically) so this situation suits me fine.

Though, I feel I should just make everything completely above-board and change my registered address from the UK to my Japanese residence. Does anyone here do so with Lloyds and have no issues with a JP address, and no de-banking letters...

Finally similiarly with Barclaycard - my contact details are UK based. If changing to a Japanese address will this likely trigger a cancellation of my card a la the high street bank?
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Re: UK Debanking - Lloyds & Barclycard query

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

I am still with Lloyds with a Japanese address and no longer with Barclaycard because of inactivity with a Japanese address. If you tell Lloyds that you are living in Japan, they will ask you for your TIN number (my number). I use my Lloyds Bank a lot and would be in a lot of trouble if I was debanked. My personal opinion is to keep things above board and tell Lloyds that you are living in Japan.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I have an account with Lloyds and my Japanese address and phone number are registered with them.
Seasider4374
Regular

Post by Seasider4374 »

Wales4rugbyWC23 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 pm I am still with Lloyds with a Japanese address and no longer with Barclaycard because of inactivity with a Japanese address. If you tell Lloyds that you are living in Japan, they will ask you for your TIN number (my number). I use my Lloyds Bank a lot and would be in a lot of trouble if I was debanked. My personal opinion is to keep things above board and tell Lloyds that you are living in Japan.
Deep Blue wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:10 pm I have an account with Lloyds and my Japanese address and phone number are registered with them.
Great to hear, thanks. Seemingly changing country of residence needs a call/online chat to occur, not just an online webform change with Lloyds. I'll hold off for a few months more until my recent transfer from Lloyds to HMRC for class 2 NICs backpayments finally gets being confirmed and allocated against my UK state pension.