Tax Qualified Invoice ID + a fulltime job any complications?

Dee.Geo
Regular

Tax Qualified Invoice ID + a fulltime job any complications?

Post by Dee.Geo »

Hey RJ forum,

I have been working on fulltime contracts (mostly) and parttime contracts so far. Something came up that requires me to set up the tax qualified invoice ID. I'm willing to do that. However, I wonder how it would affect my main job. I'm currently on a part-time contract with my main employer, but I might move into a full-time contract soon. Would this Tax Qualified Invoice registration cause some headaches down the line?

As always, appreciate your help here.
adamu
Sage

Re: Tax Qualified Invoice ID + a fulltime job any complications?

Post by adamu »

I don't think so?

Beware that signing up for that means that you'll have to submit a consumption tax return every year. But you'll be able to claim back the consumption tax for business expenses.

For expenses as part of your fulltime job, you should get 100% refunded by your employer and they deal with the tax.
Dee.Geo
Regular

Re: Tax Qualified Invoice ID + a fulltime job any complications?

Post by Dee.Geo »

adamu wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 am I don't think so?

Beware that signing up for that means that you'll have to submit a consumption tax return every year. But you'll be able to claim back the consumption tax for business expenses.

For expenses as part of your fulltime job, you should get 100% refunded by your employer and they deal with the tax.
And that annual returns are based on actual income/revenue only right? If I don't have a freelance revenue next year I just pay zero returns, right? I understand that I will still have to submit the returns.