So who's actually retired in Japan?

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
YogiLobo
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: So who's actually retired in Japan?

Post by YogiLobo »

Moneymatters wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:13 am
YogiLobo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:39 am Is there currently a community group for retired English-speaking foreigners in the Kanto area?
If not, would those in the area who are currently retired, or close to retirement, be interested in meeting in person to discuss topics, issues and ideas?
Or would an online meeting be more useful initially, to allow those in other areas to join?
Firstly. If your ID is in any way related to the Brand Yogibo then I’m in! Like I’m literally in a yogibo right now. And if they make a commode feature this could be most of my retirement..

For Tokyo someone kindly arranged a meeting for those about to “ascend” (I’m sure that’s not the right term but I’m sticking with it.).

https://www.retirejapan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3246

You could reach out to that person for feedback. (Once you have the required karma to direct message.)

Interestingly not heard from them recently so maybe they’ve created a splinter group. Google “The one true Retire Japan” just in case..

If you are of the IT persuasion maybe establishing and managing a discord server could work. Under license from RJ of course.

I like the idea of cohorts going through a process together but for many the transition will be quite gradual I suppose.

Oh. If you are just trying to lure us to a cult, aggressive time-share sales pitch, Bitcoin brainwashing, etc, then I’ll still join if the refreshments are free.
Not related to Yogibo, but they are the marijuana of bean bags, I think.

Thanks for the link to the Tokyo retiree group.There weren't any posts on the thread passed early Sept 2023. I just posted in the thread today to see if the author is still active.

If the author isn't, are there people here who would want to meet and start discussing thoughts, asking Q's, etc?