Tax-loss harvesting at THEO

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Tax-loss harvesting at THEO

Post by RetireJapan »

Good to see. I was always puzzled that THEO said tax loss harvesting was not possible under Japanese regulations while other robos were doing it ;)

Good to see the fees coming down too. I'd like to see them a bit lower still though!

Might take another look at them this year.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
jcc
Veteran

Re: Tax-loss harvesting at THEO

Post by jcc »

Rezz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 pm This along with the recent news about the "colour palette" changes (fees reducing from 1% to 0.6% in stages depending on how much money you have invested with them) definitely makes them worth a second look I think. I still have my money with them and will be continuing my monthly contributions, convinced by their recent announcements.
Interesting developments but I feel like .6% is still highway robbery when it's not much effort to diy. It would become a significant amount more attractive if it was similar to the ones outside japan which seem to have settled to around .25% ( https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investi ... -advisors/ )

What's the point of using low cost funds/etfs if you're going to then tag on a middle-man that takes more than the etfs do :/

Also, isn't tax lost harvesting here not very useful since we can't use it against our other income(only against realized gains on other investments)? Interesting perhaps for someone taking in a lot of dividends, but if we reinvest dividends internally we won't be generating any gains to offset?