Crypto's going crazy again!

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
adamu
Sage

Re: Crypto's going crazy again!

Post by adamu »

amattie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 am I also wonder if anyone here made money off the ridiculous arbitrage opportunity that existed when crypto times were good and Bitcoin was selling for maybe 8-10% more here in Japan than elsewhere.
I had a friend who was trading full time that looked into that, but ran into problems on the fiat side. The bitcoin was the easy bit, getting the local accounts registered and transfering the hard currency back made it not worthwhile. I think it was only really possible with very large institutions or for people who already had the ability to transfer large cash sums internationally (or more likely used derivatives).
mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

Crypto is certainly going crazy now. Well, at least BTC is.
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

mighty58 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm Crypto is certainly going crazy now. Well, at least BTC is.
BTC is history, XRP is the future! ;)
Sybil

Post by Sybil »

mighty58 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm Crypto is certainly going crazy now. Well, at least BTC is.
Define 'crazy'. I can't be bothered to check the 'crazy' news sections.
mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

Sybil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:47 am Define 'crazy'. I can't be bothered to check the 'crazy' news sections.
BTC at about 940,000yen today, compared to about 560,000 one month ago, highest point at least in the last year or more.
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

still in the red after all the "craziness"
Sybil

Post by Sybil »

I watched an episode of a US legal drama recently. The US Treasury were trying to sue someone they thought had invented Bitcoin as it is 'illegal' to start a new currency.The drama originally aired about 8 years ago when only geeks knew what Bitcoin was. Going by what was said in the drama Bitcoin was traded at $25 at that time....
Jamo
Regular

Post by Jamo »

Some get it, most don't. They will, in time. By then Bitcoin will be $100,000 or more. I will remind you all of this post when it happens. Do yourselves a favour, put at least 5% of your net worth in Bitcoin.
0x143

Post by 0x143 »

Oh look that famous ponzi scheme managed to post "record" numbers of 50% of the last peak. Wow, I've never seen such a wonderful Ponzi before /s