Ideco lump payment

Michel
Regular

Ideco lump payment

Post by Michel »

Hi,

I'm with rakuten Ideco, and I'd like to know if there's a way to do a lump payment before the end of the year without modifying my monthly payment.

I started this year, selected a monthly payment with a low contribution (20,000yens) for now as I don't want to have too much pressure financially.

I have some extra cash that I'd like to add as I am still far away from my year cap.

Is there a way to do that?

I know you can choose to do several lump sum payments at selected months but as my financial situation isn't that stable for me to predict I didn't choose that option, and would rather pay what I can now at the end of the year on top of my monthly payments.

Thanks
Kanto
Veteran

Re: Ideco lump payment

Post by Kanto »

Michel wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 am Hi,

I'm with rakuten Ideco, and I'd like to know if there's a way to do a lump payment before the end of the year without modifying my monthly payment.

I started this year, selected a monthly payment with a low contribution (20,000yens) for now as I don't want to have too much pressure financially.

I have some extra cash that I'd like to add as I am still far away from my year cap.

Is there a way to do that?

I know you can choose to do several lump sum payments at selected months but as my financial situation isn't that stable for me to predict I didn't choose that option, and would rather pay what I can now at the end of the year on top of my monthly payments.

Thanks
My understanding is you cannot.

iDeCo has monthly contribution amounts, not yearly. Once a month has passed, you have missed that contribution period.

You could hold it over for next year in a savings account, up your contribution amount with iDeco, and put it towards next year's contributions.

Or you could invest in a NISA account with the same plan, assuming you are not already maxing it out your Nisa allotment.

Good luck!
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Put it in a savings account and use it to up your payments next year. 🏦
Michel
Regular

Post by Michel »

Thank you for your answers, I'll do as suggested I'll up my contribution next year, smartest move to do.