Gamestop Discussion

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Viralriver
Veteran

Re: Gamestop Discussion

Post by Viralriver »

MajesticSoup wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:16 pm Yep a limit order. I'm 'happy' to waste money, but don't want to put no limit and it just goes crazy when the market opens. But it seems to set a limit order 150 is the max.. Would have been happy putting a limit of like 300 or so.
Strange. I am able to set limit orders at whatever.

We'll see over the next hour what happens, but right now it looks like it's going to open in the 200's.

If you believe in regression to the mean (which you shouldn't during a short squeeze like this), then it's highly likely the price will dip to about 180 before blasting to the mid 200's at close, or higher. It's going parabolic at this rate.

By the way, Melvin on CNBC said that they "exited" but it seems a little sketch. I have been watching the volume and the price and 4 billion would have moved the price a lot more than the spike.

Tldr is--I'm still very bullish on a 24-48 hour scale.
That's on Rakuten? Just tried again, anything above 150 gives me a warning saying to choose a number within the daily limit. It's definitely a 3% upper bound though, I can do up to 340 USD on SPOT for example.
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 pm anything above 150 gives me a warning saying to choose a number within the daily limit.
Same here... What gives?
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

Bushiman wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm
Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 pm anything above 150 gives me a warning saying to choose a number within the daily limit.
Same here... What gives?
Try it with different stock, (but do not buy it).

It could be they have used this as a method to restrict the trading of this stock.
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

Nope, it's 3% above anything that I've tried. It's also written in the popup. I went with a market order in the end. Just want to see what happens :roll:
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

I just waited for the market to open at 11:30pm for us, and my limit order at 2 shares @ 225 went through fine...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

Bushiman wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:37 pm I just waited for the market to open at 11:30pm for us, and my limit order at 2 shares @ 225 went through fine...
How did you place the order @ 225, did you manage to get above the 150 limit? I set an order for 3 shares at market price (no limit). They still show in my orders and haven't been executed.. not sure what I've done wrong.

EDIT: Hmm yeah it seems now it's opened I can run by > 150 limit orders. For some reason the page no longer shows the current value though (see attachment), not sure if this is normal. Was it at 225 at all since it opened? I haven't seen it drop that low.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 23.42.50.png
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Bushiman wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:37 pm I just waited for the market to open at 11:30pm for us, and my limit order at 2 shares @ 225 went through fine...
How did you place the order @ 225, did you manage to get above the 150 limit? I set an order for 3 shares at market price (no limit). They still show in my orders and haven't been executed.. not sure what I've done wrong.
I just chucked in 2 shares and set the limit at 225 and hit verification, put in my code, and got this page... I guess now I wait and see if the order will complete...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

Weird one for me. So I have 3 orders. The bottom one I cancelled a while ago. Then I have 1 order for 1 no limit, and another order for 2 no limit. Tried cancelling the "1 no limit" to see if I could then replace with a limit. It said, cancellation confirmed. But then back to this page and it still exists, not cancelled, and 約定 is listed lol. So I guess, there's no turning back now (even though it said cancellation confirmed). Honestly no idea how Rakuten makes this so confusing, but hopefully it executes sometime soon so I no what's happening. Only put 100k in my account, so not sure how they're going to execute at current price anyway lol.

EDIT: Oh, looks like by 約定 it meant executed. My poor Japanese fails again. Got 3 shares @294 USD. Actually unsure how that happened, it seems to have been floating above 300 this whole time. Looks like I just had enough to cover it! But seeing as it's fluctuating so wildly and a sell order would take a stupid amount of time to execute from the looks of things, it's probably just the same as flipping a weirdly biased coin at this point haha.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, no I go back to having no idea. When I put in 100k to my account and made the orders, it said my remaining amount to use is 55k or so. I would have expected that to be close to 0 now, but it's stayed the same. So I'm guessing they've not been executed on yet. Oh well, absolutely no idea how this works ^^'
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 23.49.58.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 23.46.36.png
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm Weird one for me. So I have 3 orders. The bottom one I cancelled a while ago. Then I have 1 order for 1 no limit, and another order for 2 no limit. Tried cancelling the "1 no limit" to see if I could then replace with a limit. It said, cancellation confirmed. But then back to this page and it still exists, not cancelled, and 約定 is listed lol. So I guess, there's no turning back now (even though it said cancellation confirmed). Honestly no idea how Rakuten makes this so confusing, but hopefully it executes sometime soon so I no what's happening. Only put 100k in my account, so not sure how they're going to execute at current price anyway lol.

EDIT: Oh, looks like by 約定 it meant executed. My poor Japanese fails again. Got 3 shares @294 USD. Actually unsure how that happened, it seems to have been floating above 300 this whole time. Looks like I just had enough to cover it! But seeing as it's fluctuating so wildly and a sell order would take a stupid amount of time to execute from the looks of things, it's probably just the same as flipping a weirdly biased coin at this point haha.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, no I go back to having no idea. When I put in 100k to my account and made the orders, it said my remaining amount to use is 55k or so. I would have expected that to be close to 0 now, but it's stayed the same. So I'm guessing they've not been executed on yet. Oh well, absolutely no idea how this works ^^'
Yeah, I just cancelled my orders at 225 as that number wasn't realistic, go to re-order around the 350 mark and Rakuten now says it's not handling this brand/product anymore!?

EDIT
Now I can order, but it's setting that strict limit -can't put a limit above 300...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

I'm still able to get through to the final order page, not sure why it's showing you that message. Or do you get it after putting your pin code in?