New NISA strategy -GO!

How will you fund your New NISA?

I will not use New NISA
No votes
I will fund my New NISA with new money
43%
I will fund my New NISA with new money and top up by selling existing investments
47%
I will fund my New NISA by selling existing investments
10%

Total votes: 68

beanhead
Sage

Re: New NISA strategy -GO!

Post by beanhead »

adamu wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 pm
However, for the majority, just setting up monthly investments of up to ¥300k/mo is the way to go.
Important to emphasize the up to, I think. 3.6M a year is a large amount to invest on most salaries. Given that most working people should look at iDeCo first, the likelihood of being able to max everything out is quite low.
As noted by someone else, for those young enough (around 30?), 100k a month plus their iDeCo is a great strategy.
As you said before, Adamu, we don't want to scare people away. 50k a month, 100k a month, whatever you can afford will all be fruitful in the end.
Slow and steady...
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
banders
Veteran

Post by banders »

1) If you wait until January to sell a current-NISA rollover, it will go into your taxable a/c first before you re-buy, thereby maybe creating a taxable event (= paperwork). If you sell in December, the cash will simply go into your cash fund with no reporting required. Isn't that easier?

2) I already routinely pay ¥120k pm into NISA (eMaxis All Country). Will I have to set up a standing order for ¥100k and pay the other ¥20k manually?
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

banders wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:29 am 1) If you wait until January to sell a current-NISA rollover, it will go into your taxable a/c first before you re-buy, thereby maybe creating a taxable event (= paperwork). If you sell in December, the cash will simply go into your cash fund with no reporting required. Isn't that easier?
Yes. But if you use a tax collecting tokutei kouza and don't claim any tax deductions on your tax return (such as the dividend deduction or foreign tax deduction) then there's not much in it. It might be more confusing if you wait until next year, because the amount you can reinvest will be lower than the amount you sold for, if capital gains tax is deducted automatically.
banders wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:29 am 2) I already routinely pay ¥120k pm into NISA (eMaxis All Country). Will I have to set up a standing order for ¥100k and pay the other ¥20k manually?
There aren't any details yet about how the regular/growth allowances will be managed in terms of monthly contributions, as far as I know.
zak

Post by zak »

I have 1.2M in NISA2023 and estimate about 2M in taxable by the end of year. If monex going to give juicy point up to 100k from credit card I'm gonna ride with it. Probably 50k from salary and 50k from selling taxable assets. That's 600k over a year from taxable. Remaining 1.4M sell and buy over some period in January. I'm afraid of sudden market moves so going to sell 100k per day. Will top it to 3.6M by the end of year with any bonus money left and maybe selling some NISA2023.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

zak wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:49 pm If monex going to give juicy point up to 100k from credit card I'm gonna ride with it.
Have they said they will do this? It is still 50,000 per month max at the moment, I think.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

I just searched and the only news about Monex's tsumitate recently is they've disallowed bond funds for the CC tsumitate.
zak

Post by zak »

beanhead wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:42 pm
zak wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:49 pm If monex going to give juicy point up to 100k from credit card I'm gonna ride with it.
Have they said they will do this? It is still 50,000 per month max at the moment, I think.
Don't know, I'm only guessing.
Hope they do some announcement before the end of year.
All brokers are having this 50k limit? No changes in line with new NISA rules?
eyeswideshut
Veteran

Post by eyeswideshut »

zak wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:02 am
beanhead wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:42 pm
Don't know, I'm only guessing.
Hope they do some announcement before the end of year.
All brokers are having this 50k limit? No changes in line with new NISA rules?
Rakuten will allow 100,000 per month (50K CC and 50K Rakuten Cash) https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/lp/ts ... sa_portal/

I have never used Rakuten Cash but understand it can be funded with my Rakuten CC so will need to figure that one out.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

eyeswideshut wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:26 am
Rakuten will allow 100,000 per month (50K CC and 50K Rakuten Cash) https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/lp/ts ... sa_portal/

I have never used Rakuten Cash but understand it can be funded with my Rakuten CC so will need to figure that one out.
I started doing this recently. It is pretty simple.
I am just 'saving' money in the eMaxis Slim developed country bond fund to help fund next year's super-duper new NISA.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

beanhead wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 pm developed country bond fund
Debt ceiling 🙊