Re: Transferring an iDeCo account

Post by Tony »

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

aaaargh

So now Monex has finally detected that my iDeCo info exists, and they appear to recognise that my account is open (it still has no funds in it).

But when I try to register my iDeCo details (加入者口座番号 and password) on the Monex site, it tells me that my customer info with Monex and the iDeCo doesn't match.

I think it is my ******* name registration - it's in katakana with Monex and plain English with iDeCo.

Sent in an enquiry to Monex to ask about this and how I can register my iDeCo with Monex.

Honestly... what is the point of having a 加入者口座番号 or a "My Number" if moronic systems are going to be validating how our names are registered?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

I feel your pain. It's one reason I'm considering naturalizing: just to get rid of the katakana nonsense...
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
fools_gold
Veteran

Post by fools_gold »

Tony wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm But when I try to register my iDeCo details (加入者口座番号 and password) on the Monex site, it tells me that my customer info with Monex and the iDeCo doesn't match.
Does your name in katakana have an elongated vowel (the "ー")? When I tried to transfer cash from my bank account to Monex, I got a similar error saying the names didn't match. Turns out that Monex had inputted my name using a hyphen rather than the correct symbol. They did the same thing with my wife too.
Tony
Veteran

Post by Tony »

I didn't say that! Don't misquote me!

(I wonder how that came about)
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

fools_gold wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am Does your name in katakana have an elongated vowel (the "ー")? When I tried to transfer cash from my bank account to Monex, I got a similar error saying the names didn't match. Turns out that Monex had inputted my name using a hyphen rather than the correct symbol. They did the same thing with my wife too.
Yes, I do use that damned character in my name :evil:
I've had trouble with it when dealing with SBI group companies too, when trying to transfer money to my SBI Net bank account. (I have still not resolved this problem actually, I have been doing my business elsewhere mainly, although not primarily for that reason.)
Neither of the SBI companies was offering me to fix their representation, both telling me to go to the other side or whatever.

In the meantime, I got a response back from Monex telling me that I need to call them up to contact them about iDeCo matters. Now that I have time to call them up on Saturday evening the hotline is down for the day. Woohoo!
fools_gold
Veteran

Post by fools_gold »

Tony wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 am I didn't say that! Don't misquote me!

(I wonder how that came about)
Very strange!
sutebayashi wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 am I've had trouble with it when dealing with SBI group companies too, when trying to transfer money to my SBI Net bank account. (I have still not resolved this problem actually, I have been doing my business elsewhere mainly, although not primarily for that reason.)
Neither of the SBI companies was offering me to fix their representation, both telling me t
SBI was fine when I opened my account with them. Rakuten was a pain because I've got a middle name too, which is always fun.
ToushiTime
Veteran

Post by ToushiTime »

:)
sutebayashi wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 am
fools_gold wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am Does your name in katakana have an elongated vowel (the "ー")? When I tried to transfer cash from my bank account to Monex, I got a similar error saying the names didn't match. Turns out that Monex had inputted my name using a hyphen rather than the correct symbol. They did the same thing with my wife too.
Yes, I do use that damned character in my name :evil:
I've had trouble with it when dealing with SBI group companies too, when trying to transfer money to my SBI Net bank account. (I have still not resolved this problem actually, I have been doing my business elsewhere mainly, although not primarily for that reason.)
Neither of the SBI companies was offering me to fix their representation, both telling me to go to the other side or whatever.

In the meantime, I got a response back from Monex telling me that I need to call them up to contact them about iDeCo matters. Now that I have time to call them up on Saturday evening the hotline is down for the day. Woohoo!
I know this was five years ago but how was this resolved eventually, if at all?
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

ToushiTime wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:17 am I know this was five years ago but how was this resolved eventually, if at all?
Wow, was it five years already…

It’s strange, but here is what I currently have
- in the vanilla Monex website, there is a 保有残高 menu, and under there you can select NISA and iDeCo specifically. While I can see my NISA details, my iDeCo screen shows a message that says I need to register my JIS&T details correctly, and I was never able to get that to work, due to the name issues, as I recall. So there, I cannot see my iDeCo assets, and it doesn’t get rolled up into my total assets summaries either
- However! Monex also has the “Monex View” alternative submenu. In that Monex View method, I am able to select all of my accounts, and even when selecting iDeCo, it does actually show my iDeCo balance and I can drill down and see what assets I have in it. Here again, the iDeCo assets are not included in my total assets (but maybe that is just how Monex View works anyway, not sure).

In once sense, I can understand that they can show me these details since it is an iDeCo with Monex, but in the sense of not being able to “correctly” register my JIS&T details with Monex, it is scary that it can show my iDeCo balance to me anyway, via Monex View…

I also switched jobs after that, and moved to a company with a DC plan, so my iDeCo is sitting there pretty dormant anyway. If I want to do switching, I have to log in to JIS&T directly. I typically only do that once a year max.
ToushiTime
Veteran

Post by ToushiTime »

Wow, that sounds annoying. Thanks for explaining your experience. I most likely won’t attempt switching Ideco.