Forum Rules

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Forum Rules

Post by RetireJapan »

Hello. Welcome. I'm glad to have you here with us in the forum.

You can think of this as my cafe. I own it, and I'm sitting over there in the corner reading something, sipping on a strong black coffee.

This is a friendly, relaxed place. People are nice. People help each other. New people can ask questions, no matter how basic, and get helpful, useful answers. People can share their problems and experiences. The forum is positive and optimistic. I want it to stay that way.

Anyone can ask a question. There are no bad questions. But the barrier to answer is a bit higher. You should know what you are talking about, or have been through a similar situation. You should post reasons, or link to explanations or evidence. If someone disagrees with you, you should discuss it amicably.

This is not a place for mockery, for moaning, for shitposting. There are other forums for that. This one is different.

If I don't like how you behave here I will delete your account. I haven't had to do it often, but it has happened in the past. There is no complaints procedure and all decisions are final ;)

Some things that will get your account deleted (not an exhaustive list):

-being aggressive or unpleasant towards others
-not respecting the vibe of the forum (helpful, friendly, constructive)
-promoting or advising criminal behaviour
-posting off-topic posts
-spam or commercial content
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)