when do I pay my Director's withheld tax to the tax office

seb
Regular

when do I pay my Director's withheld tax to the tax office

Post by seb »

Hello

I started my GK this year on July 1st. So this month is the 7th month since I started. I am the only Director and pay my self a "director compensation" which is supposedly like a salary but you can't change (I know, I've been winging it all the way...)

I was expecting I would receive a letter from the tax office for the company to pay to the tax office the income tax that I withheld each month.

With nothing coming, I am starting to wonder it might be up to the company to go to the tax office and pay the amount?

I will do Kakutei Shinkoku seperately with my accountant, so I don't really care about recalculating the exact amount due from the company, just pay what I have kept aside.

Anyway, should I contact the tax office first?
AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

Re: when do I pay my Director's withheld tax to the tax office

Post by AreTheyTheLemmings? »

Every six months, for the periods Jan.-Jun., and Jul.-Dec.
If you've registered with the tax office, you should have some pay-in forms lying around. (They will have been included in the fat envelope full of forms, guides, etc.) They look like the second one shown on the first page of this PDF.
seb
Regular

Re: when do I pay my Director's withheld tax to the tax office

Post by seb »

Great explanation! I
AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:30 am They will have been included in the fat envelope
perfect description of what I remembered, found it right away. the link and all also helped a lot. Thank you so much.

I'll get it done asap.