Simple Q&A - iDeCo

Viralriver
Veteran

Simple Q&A - iDeCo

Post by Viralriver »

For those quick, simple questions which don't warrant a whole thread.

Started this in the hope beginner retirement-planners can feel more at ease asking what they think are stupid questions, and to keep clutter out of the forum :)
Bubblegun
Veteran

Re:Switching.

Post by Bubblegun »

I went onto the JIS-T site, and tried "switching" to another account.

1) Are there any charges to switching?

Is it really straight forward as choosing the amount, clicking the fund, and wait until it is completed?購入スケジュール purchase schedule?

This seemed toooooo easy.

Thank you in advance.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
KCLenny
Veteran

Re: Simple Q&A - iDeCo

Post by KCLenny »

How does the income tax get lowered? Do I have to tell my company or do I have to get something from them? What’s the deal?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

KCLenny wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 pm How does the income tax get lowered? Do I have to tell my company or do I have to get something from them? What’s the deal?
2 options: if your company agreed to take the payments out of your paycheck, it happens automatically at source. If they didn't and your payments come out of your bank account, you will get a statement from your iDeCo provider (in October or so?) which you submit to your company (if they do your taxes) or the tax office (if you do your own return).
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:56 pm
KCLenny wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 pm How does the income tax get lowered? Do I have to tell my company or do I have to get something from them? What’s the deal?
2 options: if your company agreed to take the payments out of your paycheck, it happens automatically at source. If they didn't and your payments come out of your bank account, you will get a statement from your iDeCo provider (in October or so?) which you submit to your company (if they do your taxes) or the tax office (if you do your own return).
It’ll probably be the later as my company probably would agree to do it direct from my pay check. Extra work for them. And by them I literally mean the boss as I’m at a really small company with a total of 5 staff (that’s including the boss)
ghodlin

Post by ghodlin »

Does anyone know what happens if you leave your company or aree made redundant in terms of ideco accounts? What happens? What's the process? Thanks!
JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

I got a notification from my bank about an upcoming withdraw from “ 国民年金基金連合会”. Is that iDeCo? I applied less than two weeks ago so it seems fairly early, but I can’t imagine what else it could be.
Moneymatters
Veteran

Post by Moneymatters »

JimNasium wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:35 am I got a notification from my bank about an upcoming withdraw from “ 国民年金基金連合会”. Is that iDeCo? I applied less than two weeks ago so it seems fairly early, but I can’t imagine what else it could be.
https://www.ideco-koushiki.jp/join/

Yes.
"That guy"
JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

Moneymatters wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:38 am
JimNasium wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:35 am I got a notification from my bank about an upcoming withdraw from “ 国民年金基金連合会”. Is that iDeCo? I applied less than two weeks ago so it seems fairly early, but I can’t imagine what else it could be.
https://www.ideco-koushiki.jp/join/

Yes.
Hey, great to hear! I didn’t expect to have it going until at least June.
abeltoy

Post by abeltoy »

How long until the amount paid gets reflected on the iDeCo website? They took my money from my bank account about 10 days ago but it still shows as 0円. I want to see the numbers go up!