Japanese Tax Accountant Rates

TJKansai
Veteran

Re: Japanese Tax Accountant Rates

Post by TJKansai »

PM me and I can give you the name of someone in Osaka. He helped an Australian friend of mine. I met him for an hour and he gave great advice, and in the end, said my wife was doing a good job and there was no need to hire him.

There was also a woman I talked to on the phone, I think she is based in Tokyo. Fluent in English and I seem to remember charges around ¥100,000, but I am not sure. She too after a 30 minute consulation on the phone said I could probably continue to do my own, but would help if I wanted.

https://www.kaori-fuchi.com/en/office/
ghodlin

Post by ghodlin »

I'm in Tokyo and usually do my own filing (personal, not corporate) but for 2021, I'm considering getting an accountant to help. Mainly because I'm a bit lazy but also because I haven't dealt with filing that includes income from out of Japan as well as domestic income. In my case, this includes:

- income from a Japanese company (taxes/insurance deducted)
- income from foreign company in yen (incopme tax only deducted)
- capital gains for stocks held in Japanese brokerage
- medical receipts for family of 3
- receipts for indicidual health insurance, pension, residence tax payments

Based on my experience, this is 1-2 days of admin work.

The quotes I'm getting from English speaking accountants in Tokyo are in the 150-170,000 yen range which seems very high to me. Is this athe expected price for personal tax filing services? Is the price much cheaper if I find a Japanese only accountant? Any recommendations of accountants forum members have used?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
Teflon
Veteran

Post by Teflon »

ghodlin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:43 am The quotes I'm getting from English speaking accountants in Tokyo are in the 150-170,000 yen range which seems very high to me. Is this athe expected price for personal tax filing services? Is the price much cheaper if I find a Japanese only accountant? Any recommendations of accountants forum members have used?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
The guy I use costs only 30,000 yen for most types of personal income tax returns and that includes freelancers and small business owners. He is very friendly and professional and speaks perfect English (although you would never know it from his web site).

https://kakuyasulabo.com/

He does everything virtually using only email and has no physical office space which is how he keeps his costs so low. The only downside is you will need to scan your income statements and other supporting documents into PDFs and email them to him which can be tedious but it's not difficult. He will tell you exactly what he needs from you so there is no guess work involved. Once everything is submitted the turn-around time is pretty quick.
ghodlin

Post by ghodlin »

@teflon
Thanks - this is a very useful lead. I'll contact this guy.
concerned
Veteran

Post by concerned »

Mine charges 130,000 per year. I have a property abroad and he handles the depreciation on this, something I would not be able to do myself
RTJP21
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Post by RTJP21 »

concerned wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:43 pm Mine charges 130,000 per year. I have a property abroad and he handles the depreciation on this, something I would not be able to do myself
Would you mind sharing contact information to your accountant? I'm in a similar situation and would need expert advice.
glimmer
Regular

Post by glimmer »

Good to see that this thread still has legs…

Not sure about others, but my lawyer made my company's fiscal year match the calendar year. So 2021 ends on December 31, 2021, and tax returns are due by the end of February 2022. I didn't realize this until my accountant informed me. I believe most Japanese companies' fiscal year ends at the end of March.

I'm behind in inputting my data into MoneyForward, so I gotta get cracking on this! 😳
concerned
Veteran

Post by concerned »

Hi RTJP21
Just contact me in the forum mail and I can share
simbiant
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Post by simbiant »

Shirudo wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:23 am Oh I see. Well, I think in this case it's better that way. :roll: If you have found someone in the meantime, feel free to PM me. I have contacted a few this week, but still waiting for feedback from most of them.
This is from quite a while back but I'm curious if you ever found someone that worked well for you? If so, can you share their information? Thank you!