Tsumitate NISA - Sell current fund to buy Emaxis

atreju

Tsumitate NISA - Sell current fund to buy Emaxis

Post by atreju »

Hello,

I want to sell the fund I am currently investing in through my Tsumitate NISA account on SBI so I can start buying [Emaxis Slim All Country]. I was buying [ニッセイ-DCニッセイワールドセレクトファンド(標準型)], which is not bad at all, but I realized my portfolio (including a DC account set up my company) has only 39% invested in stocks, and I want to rebalance it. I choose this fund first as a beginner because it has been around for a long time, has low fees, and is diversified (stock/bond), although most investments are in Japan (about 65%). I know [Emaxis Slim All Country] is popular. I was reluctant at first to follow the crowd, but I finally checked it and compared it with the fund mentioned above, and indeed it charges a slightly lower fee and performs well, although it is not as diversified as my current fund (stocks/bonds ratio).

Opinions?

Would I be better off selling my current fund, buying both, or even sell it and buy Emaxis + another fund?

Thanks!!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Tsumitate NISA - Sell current fund to buy Emaxis

Post by RetireJapan »

For tsumitate NISA, if you sell something you don't get your NISA allowance back, so I recommend if you decide you want to go with eMaxis Slim All-country then just stop buying the original fund (but don't sell it) and buy the fund you want in the future. This is slightly messy but much better than losing your NISA allowance.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
atreju

Re: Tsumitate NISA - Sell current fund to buy Emaxis

Post by atreju »

Thanks! I was thinking about doing this. I believe now I need to read that book you recommend on the website, by Ms. Takegawa.