Making additional/bonus iDeCo payment with Rakuten

beanhead
Sage

Making additional/bonus iDeCo payment with Rakuten

Post by beanhead »

Mrs Head has her iDeCo set up. We put her at 5,000 per month, the minimum, to start.
It looks as though this year, at least, we may be able to add more up to the maximum for her group, which is 23,000 per month.
Question is, how is this done?
I have seen posts about front-loading the iDeCo and paying off a large, one-off payment at the beginning of the year to maximize time invested.
But, after searching high and low on the Rakuten site support menu, I cannot figure out how this is done.
Is there an online form, or do we have to send a paper form in?
Has anyone done this yet with Rakuten? If so, please show me the way...
Cheers
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
adamu
Sage

Re: Making additional/bonus iDeCo payment with Rakuten

Post by adamu »

Not sure if this is right, but the 加入者月別掛金額登録変更届 form here looks useful - seems you can specify the amount for each month.

https://dc.rakuten-sec.co.jp/flow/procedures/
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

adamu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am Not sure if this is right, but the 加入者月別掛金額登録変更届 form here looks useful - seems you can specify the amount for each month.
https://dc.rakuten-sec.co.jp/flow/procedures/
Thanks Adamu,
Mrs Head also found her way eventually to that. Looks like a paper form is needed. Rakuten offers the only request for to receive the paperwork : )
You can ask them to send you a link via SMS. So sort of digital, but then...iDeCO, so...
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Just to bump this thread and reconfirm

Have we got to do this via paperwork? I dare not ask the wife to deal with it. LoL
Or can we do this on the net? My preferred option.
And can we do just one lump sum?
This isn’t an annual bonus payment or a continuous monthly payment. I came into some money and just want to put it in. Out of sight out of mind.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Bubblegun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:52 am Just to bump this thread and reconfirm

Have we got to do this via paperwork? I dare not ask the wife to deal with it. LoL
This isn’t an annual bonus payment or a continuous monthly payment. I came into some money and just want to put it in. Out of sight out of mind.
Is it important for you to put it into iDeCo? If its a one time thing, NISA would be a good choice for it too. Less paperwork hassle as well.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

Bubblegun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:52 am Just to bump this thread and reconfirm

For iDeCo with Rakuten, it required paperwork.
*EDIT - this was possibly because we changed the regular amount at the same time. Mmmm, so now not sure, sorry.

Of course you can only go up to whatever your limit is for the year.

NISA may, as zeroshiki said, be simpler if that is an option.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

zeroshiki wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:14 am

Is it important for you to put it into iDeCo? If its a one time thing, NISA would be a good choice for it too. Less paperwork hassle as well.
Well it’s not that important, apart from just a way to get the city tax benefit. It’s only about a 200,000. So a NISA is possible. If there is anything about Japan is it can one the one hand so efficient, and on the other hand the most difficult country when it comes to paperwork, when a simple walk to the bank ATM could/should suffice..
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

beanhead wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:04 am

For iDeCo with Rakuten, it required paperwork.
*EDIT - this was possibly because we changed the regular amount at the same time. Mmmm, so now not sure, sorry.

Of course you can only go up to whatever your limit is for the year.

NISA may, as zeroshiki said, be simpler if that is an option.
Thanks beanhead, it would make sense if your changing monthly payment.
I see why the average TOMOKOS AND TAROS, aren’t interested in this stuff.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Bubblegun wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:04 am

Well it’s not that important, apart from just a way to get the city tax benefit. It’s only about a 200,000. So a NISA is possible. If there is anything about Japan is it can one the one hand so efficient, and on the other hand the most difficult country when it comes to paperwork, when a simple walk to the bank ATM could/should suffice..
Japan is amazing as long as its part of the manual. Anytime you try to do something that deviates from it, that's when you get buried in paperwork.
I'd just do the NISA if I were you. The income tax benefit is minimal at that level and if its a one-off its not really something for iDeCo anyways.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:12 am
Bubblegun wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:04 am

Japan is amazing as long as its part of the manual. Anytime you try to do something that deviates from it, that's when you get buried in paperwork.
I'd just do the NISA if I were you. The income tax benefit is minimal at that level and if its a one-off its not really something for iDeCo anyways.
I suppose your right. I have a NISA already set up…. And if it’s easier… with. Less headaches, less strain on my rather colourful English vocabulary, I might as well stick it in the NISA.
As you said…. Don’t deviate from the manual, we can cause them to head tilt, freeze and look wildly around for an English speaker. LoL
Sometimes I wonder what was the point of my number when they still want, another ID, a Hanko, root canal, blood samples and a Rectal DNA sample just to confirm my ID at times. 😆
“Stick with the manual”. My new mantra.