iDeco Registration Problem

Jura
Regular

iDeco Registration Problem

Post by Jura »

Hello,

I'm having a problem registering for iDeco with Monex for my Japanese spouse. :(

My spouse is self-employed and pays nenkin + 400 yen additional premium each month (total of 17,010 yen).

I want to pay 10,000 per month into this iDeco from a bank account but I receive an error message when I try to submit the application. I ticked yes for both 国民年金の付加保険料(月額400円)and 国民年金基金.

I can't figure out what the problem is, should I only be ticking one of these boxes? (The my number in the screenshot has been removed for privacy - it included the my number when I pressed submit).
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 20.36.36.png
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 20.28.30.png
If anyone has any idea what the problem is here, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!
mule96
Veteran

Re: iDeco Registration Problem

Post by mule96 »

My understanding is, that you can' be in 国民年金の付加保険料 and 国民年金基金 at the same time. Are you sure your spouse has 国民年金基金?
FYI, the 国民年金の付加保険料(月額400円)reduced your maximum Ideco contribution per month from 68,000 JPY to 67,000 JPY.
Jura
Regular

Post by Jura »

Thanks so much for your reply.

My understanding was that 国民年金の付加保険料 meant only the additional 400 yen and 国民年金基金 was the nenkin without the 400 yen. If I need to choose only one, should it be 国民年金の付加保険料 that I choose?

Thanks for letting me know about the reduced iDeco amount, I wasn't aware about that so that's good to know.
Beaglehound
Veteran

Post by Beaglehound »

Jura wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:21 pm Thanks so much for your reply.

My understanding was that 国民年金の付加保険料 meant only the additional 400 yen and 国民年金基金 was the nenkin without the 400 yen. If I need to choose only one, should it be 国民年金の付加保険料 that I choose?

Thanks for letting me know about the reduced iDeco amount, I wasn't aware about that so that's good to know.
I believe the 国民年金基金 is a separate system for additional payments, so if your wife is paying basic nenkin plus fuka, you should choose 国民年金の付加保険料
Jura
Regular

Post by Jura »

I tried submitting it again and only selected 国民年金の付加保険料 and it went through. Thanks so much both of you for your help. Fingers crossed the rest is smooth sailing now. :)
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Jura wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:21 pm My understanding was that 国民年金の付加保険料 meant only the additional 400 yen and 国民年金基金 was the nenkin without the 400 yen.
Nenkin kikin is yet another system to pay in extra to your pension. It uses the same tax allowance as iDeCo though: https://www.retirejapan.com/blog/overpa ... in-nenkin/
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)