IDECO Recommendations

Dacoz
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

IDECO Recommendations

Post by Dacoz »

Hello, everyone. I hope you are healthy and safe. Can you recommend some good IDECO stocks, or at least show me some sites or tools to help me choose some? I do have investing experience, but it is in English and mostly stocks. NISA actually has an option to view funds by popularity (how many are being bought). There isn't such an option for IDECO. We actually phoned them to ask why. They said that it is because they are not supposed to recommend anything for IDECO. A ranking of the popularity of the stocks would be considered a recommendation. Weird, but what can you do.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: IDECO Recommendations

Post by RetireJapan »

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

iDeCo only contains mutual funds at this point. You can see the lineup for each provider here: https://www.dcnenkin.jp/search/commission.php

[click on the provider name to go to the list of funds]
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

For maximum coverage and risk hedging, most people here recommend the all country funds.

Depending on your provider:
eMaxis Slim All Country
SBI All World
Rakuten All World

There's also the America only ones that are recommended by Japanese investors.
runmanTX
Regular

Post by runmanTX »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 am Hi

Welcome to the forum!

iDeCo only contains mutual funds at this point. You can see the lineup for each provider here: https://www.dcnenkin.jp/search/commission.php

[click on the provider name to go to the list of funds]
What about for the US citizens who are forced to paying cash only? Do these commissions still apply to me if I'm not investing in MF's for fear of PFIC tax issues?
I'm curious as I'm planning to start the Ideco process soon.