RetireJapan Online Conference

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: RetireJapan Online Conference

Post by RetireJapan »

Somewhat contradictorily, we may have to limit numbers if we get close to 500, so if you are interested in attending live, please sign up as soon as possible on the event page: https://www.retirejapan.com/rjconf2021/
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:25 am Somewhat contradictorily, we may have to limit numbers if we get close to 500, so if you are interested in attending live, please sign up as soon as possible on the event page: https://www.retirejapan.com/rjconf2021/
There is no confirmation if you sign up, is there?
I think I signed up with my email address, but didn't get any confirmation so I am not 100% sure now.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

beanhead wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:20 am
RetireJapan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:25 am Somewhat contradictorily, we may have to limit numbers if we get close to 500, so if you are interested in attending live, please sign up as soon as possible on the event page: https://www.retirejapan.com/rjconf2021/
I think I signed up with my email address, but didn't get any confirmation so I am not 100% sure now.
I don't think so! We'll be sending out some emails in advance -first one is on Tuesday I think. Let me know if you don't get it!

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

RetireJapan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:09 pm
I don't think so! We'll be sending out some emails in advance -first one is on Tuesday I think. Let me know if you don't get it!
Haven't received any email yet.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

OkiBum wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:47 am

Haven't received any email yet.
PM me your email address and I'll check if it is on the list (and add it if not). We had a couple of addresses bounce, presumaby because they were typed in wrong...

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

Got it, thanks.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

I hope some of you managed to come along to the conference. It went much better than I was expecting and basically I am so happy right now.

Videos are up on the YouTube channel and the blog if you want to check out sessions you missed (they were all excellent): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5GAh ... o--wpCUccQ

We'll definitely be doing it again next year :D

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:22 am I hope some of you managed to come along to the conference. It went much better than I was expecting and basically I am so happy right now.

Videos are up on the YouTube channel and the blog if you want to check out sessions you missed (they were all excellent): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5GAh ... o--wpCUccQ

We'll definitely be doing it again next year :D
Thank you very much for your hard work! This was a public service.

Thanks also to Adamu, and the other board members who helped out.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:22 am I hope some of you managed to come along to the conference. It went much better than I was expecting and basically I am so happy right now.
Excellent stuff. It was interesting and engaging.
You all deserve a glass of your favourite tipple or some ice cream or something tonight. Great job, and thank you.
Andy.
Regular

Post by Andy. »

I just watched all the videos on the site. Thanks a lot for posting them so quickly. Had all the kids at home with me today because of the national holiday, so couldn't attend in person. The presentations were really informative and professional. Thanks to everyone involved!