What is 保険料 損害保険料?

sugus
Regular

What is 保険料 損害保険料?

Post by sugus »

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, very grateful for all the information available in this forum.

I set up my Tsumitate NISA account through Monex, and took the first monthly payment of 33,000 that I set up, but also got charged on the same day an extra amount of 86,330 yen on 保険料 損害保険料, which I don't recall signing up for.

Doing a Google search found it is some sort of non-life insurance, but I really don't know how could I had signed up for that.

Are there any other forum members that have had a similar issue before? Not sure how, or if I can even cancel it. The bank statement doesn't give me any other details than that concept 保険料 損害保険料

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Established
Veteran

Re: What is 保険料 損害保険料?

Post by Established »

sugus wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:26 am Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, very grateful for all the information available in this forum.

I set up my Tsumitate NISA account through Monex, and took the first monthly payment of 33,000 that I set up, but also got charged on the same day an extra amount of 86,330 yen on 保険料 損害保険料, which I don't recall signing up for.

Doing a Google search found it is some sort of non-life insurance, but I really don't know how could I had signed up for that.

Are there any other forum members that have had a similar issue before? Not sure how, or if I can even cancel it. The bank statement doesn't give me any other details than that concept 保険料 損害保険料

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
How do you know this is related to Monex, does it say so on your bank statement? Is it simply coincidental?

Did you recently get a mortgage or loan of some sort that came with mandatory insurance?
sugus
Regular

Post by sugus »

Established wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:17 am How do you know this is related to Monex, does it say so on your bank statement? Is it simply coincidental?

Did you recently get a mortgage or loan of some sort that came with mandatory insurance?
Hi Established,

Thanks for your response.

Both charges were taken on the 27th, same day therefore assumed I might had signed up for something I didn't want when I set up the Tsumitate NISA payments.

No recent mortgages or loans, but can't also see any additional details, just the concept 保険料 損害保険料 so assumed it was from Monex.

I'll ask my bank for further details in that case.

Thank you again.
sugus
Regular

Post by sugus »

Just an update on this post.

I feel pretty embarrassed, considering I opened this thread as my first post, but as Established suggested it was part of my home insurance, first time we had to renew after purchasing our property 5 years ago and happened to be on the same day I made my first payment on Tsumitate NISA.

Established, thanks again for taking the time to respond earlier.

Cheers.