help to pay MORE into my T-NISA.

Bubblegun
Veteran

help to pay MORE into my T-NISA.

Post by Bubblegun »

I pay 10,000 yen into the T Nisa every month via the Rakuten card. However I would like to place another 200,000 yen into the account in November.
While it is easy to do in my kids J NISA, I don't know where to go not the Rakuten NISA web page to pay a lump sum..

Does anyone know of a good YouTube video on how to do this, maybe point to any screen shots, or Japanese phrases I should be looking for on the Rakuten T-NISA page.

Thank you in advance.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: help to pay MORE into my T-NISA.

Post by zeroshiki »

You're in luck. Rakuten has a guide. You just need to set a onetime bonus payment for your T-NISA (you can even set the date for it)

https://faq.rakuten-sec.co.jp/10001495? ... ery=ボーナス設定

既に積立設定しているものを変更するとき
(PC)PCサイトにログイン後、「投資信託」→「積立設定」→「積立設定一覧」→「絞込み」→口座「つみたてNISA」を選択→「表示する」
(スマートフォン)スマートフォンサイトにログイン後、「メニュー」→「投資信託」→「積立設定」→「積立設定一覧」の「絞込み」リンク→口座「つみたてNISA」を選択→「この条件で絞り込む」

上記画面に進み、変更したいファンドの「変更」を押し、つみたてNISAの積立設定画面に進みます。

積立タイミングを「毎月」に設定した後、「ボーナス設定」の中でボーナス設定をおこないます。
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Thank you for that great screen shot. I'll give it go.
Hopefully it will help others.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

It appears that the tab I click
積み立て doesn’t take me to that screen you’re showing.
It takes me to this. I also came across this that said I can't set this with a Rakuten credit card.
So I'm guessing...... Would this need a Rakuten Bank account? Otherwise how can I pay a lump sum?
Attachments
Can't set this with a credit card.( naturally)
Can't set this with a credit card.( naturally)
A04B333A-2CC3-48F2-90F2-D1DCD8975517.jpeg
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Ahh.. it seems like you use the Credit Card. You can't put in a bonus payment using a CC. You will need to transfer money into your Rakuten Securities account, setup a Tsumitate NISA with the source being not a CC (do something absurdly low like 100 yen) then set the bonus to 199,900.

You can load up your Rakuten Securities account with money by either setting up realtime transfer between it and your bank OR transferring money into your Rakuten Securities account by bank transfer. Here is Rakuten's guide for that: https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/servi ... _transfer/
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

zeroshiki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:55 pm Ahh.. it seems like you use the Credit Card. You can't put in a bonus payment using a CC. You will need to transfer money into your Rakuten Securities account, setup a Tsumitate NISA with the source being not a CC (do something absurdly low like 100 yen) then set the bonus to 199,900.

You can load up your Rakuten Securities account with money by either setting up realtime transfer between it and your bank OR transferring money into your Rakuten Securities account by bank transfer. Here is Rakuten's guide for that: https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/servi ... _transfer/
Great Information Zeroshiki.
I appreciate that information and I will try and get that sorted out.
So the Rakuten securities account is something completely different? is it just a bank account in Rakuten?
So I suppose this would mean I would have to then repurchase the funds I want to put the money in? No?

I maybe misunderstanding something when you say "setup a Tsumitate NISA with the source being not a CC "
Am I allowed to set up "Another" T-NISA in my name?
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Bubblegun wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm
zeroshiki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:55 pm Ahh.. it seems like you use the Credit Card. You can't put in a bonus payment using a CC. You will need to transfer money into your Rakuten Securities account, setup a Tsumitate NISA with the source being not a CC (do something absurdly low like 100 yen) then set the bonus to 199,900.

So the Rakuten securities account is something completely different? is it just a bank account in Rakuten?
So I suppose this would mean I would have to then repurchase the funds I want to put the money in? No?

I maybe misunderstanding something when you say "setup a Tsumitate NISA with the source being not a CC "
Yeah, the Rakuten Securities account is a totally separate thing. Its where you park your money for use (or withdrawal) from Rakuten Securities.
And you're correct. You're supposed to make a new Tsumitate NISA purchase with whichever fund you want (emaxis Slim S&P500 in your example) and then set the tsumitate amount to 100 yen with the bonus payment set to 199,900. After it goes through, you can then cancel the 100 yen tsumitate or keep it, up to you.

The NISA account doesn't change. You just make a different purchase on it. You could setup multiple purchases and as long as the amount fits into your Tsumitate NISA allocation, they don't care.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

zeroshiki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:30 am
Bubblegun wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm

Yeah, the Rakuten Securities account is a totally separate thing. Its where you park your money for use (or withdrawal) from Rakuten Securities.
And you're correct. You're supposed to make a new Tsumitate NISA purchase with whichever fund you want (emaxis Slim S&P500 in your example) and then set the tsumitate amount to 100 yen with the bonus payment set to 199,900. After it goes through, you can then cancel the 100 yen tsumitate or keep it, up to you.

The NISA account doesn't change. You just make a different purchase on it. You could setup multiple purchases and as long as the amount fits into your Tsumitate NISA allocation, they don't care.
Now I understand.
So what should I do with the regular 10,000 yen that is taken from my credit card every month?
I guess I can keep it rolling then.

I am also going to assume that his account for parking moneys can be used to buy anything in regards to the financial world within Rakuten.
EG ETF funds in the US?
I'm specifically asking and I am interested in putting some money,BONUS money, into a global green ETF.

Thank you for your advice, it has been very helpful.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Bubblegun wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:50 am
Now I understand.
So what should I do with the regular 10,000 yen that is taken from my credit card every month?
I guess I can keep it rolling then.

I am also going to assume that his account for parking moneys can be used to buy anything in regards to the financial world within Rakuten.
EG ETF funds in the US?
I'm specifically asking and I am interested in putting some money,BONUS money, into a global green ETF.

Thank you for your advice, it has been very helpful.
You can keep it going or cancel, up to you although make sure that even after adding your 200k that you'll be under the Tsumitate NISA limit or else you'll get an error when it tries to buy through your CC next time.

And yes, as long as these ETFs are available on Rakuten (not a guarantee) then this is exactly how you can buy them. For ETFs traded in the US, you will have to take the foreign currency hit (Rakuten converts your JPY to USD to buy at the going rate before purchasing)
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Thank you for your help. It looks like I have a Rakuten bank account set up.
The black screen shots looks very different, so not sure where to find that but that's all part of the fun.LOL

I think I will try and send some money from my postal account to Rakuten bank.

Great help