Is MYDC better than yours?

TonyKaku

Is MYDC better than yours?

Post by TonyKaku »

Greetings!

Anyone had any experience with MYDC (Money Design Co., Ltd.)[/url][/url]? My bank (Shinsei Bank) runs its iDeCo through them.
https://www.dcnenkin.jp/search/product. ... w&item=775

Either way, if I were to use MYDC, what product mix would you recommend for a 50 year old? I noticed other threads suggesting using (untaxed) iDeCo for stocks and investing in bonds in taxable accounts elsewhere.
THEO Income Fund (World Bond Center)
THEO Growth Fund (World Equity Center)
THEO Real Asset Fund (centered on real assets in the world)

Would you bother including a principal guarantee type deposit (5 year Shinsei Bank DC Time Deposit)?

Better to connect my Shinsei account to Monex or Rakuten instead?

Thanks in advance!
zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: Is MYDC better than yours?

Post by zeroshiki »

The THEO funds seem to be an active fund with 0.44% management fee for the equity fund (real cost likely higher). I don't see what makes them especially better than index funds (eMaxis Slim All Country has a 0.1% management fee) that would make the 0.3% cost worth it.

If you're able to move to Monex or Rakuten that would be idea I think (the hurdle for doing so is likely high)
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

zeroshiki wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:01 am
If you're able to move to Monex or Rakuten that would be idea I think (the hurdle for doing so is likely high)
If the OP has not started iDeCo yet then the setup process will be a pain in the neck with Shinsei too, so no additional hurdle I think.

And yes, I agree with your suggestion.
Forget Shinsei and look at SBC, Monex, Rakuten or even Matsui for better, low-cost passive index funds for iDeCo (and NISA for that matter).
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
TonyKaku

Post by TonyKaku »

beanhead wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:48 am
zeroshiki wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:01 am
If the OP has not started iDeCo yet then the setup process will be a pain in the neck with Shinsei too, so no additional hurdle I think.

And yes, I agree with your suggestion.
Forget Shinsei and look at SBC, Monex, Rakuten or even Matsui for better, low-cost passive index funds for iDeCo (and NISA for that matter).
Thanks guys, I’ll consider those companies instead. Monex will handle Shinsei’s NISAs from 2022—not sure why it uses MYDC for its iDeCos—so hopefully that won’t be too difficult to set up.