jnisa age and tsumitate

beanhead
Sage

Re: jnisa age and tsumitate

Post by beanhead »

bryanc wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:27 am thanks again all-now have the monex j nisa application forms for 3 sons and filling them in!
one question-for the guardian acct number they require-this is the monex number you have to put in isnt it?
This will be your Monex account number, yes. If your wife has an account it may be best to use hers. We called Rakuten and asked them which would be easier for them to process, knowing about the issues with non-Japanese names, and they suggested that we put the J-NISA accounts under my wife's account rather than mine!
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

thanks to all i now have these accts set up..

just to ck how do i put money into the childs acct-is there a problem with it being a different name where the money will be sent from?)
or is this not a problem..??
thanks
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

bryanc wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:09 am thanks to all i now have these accts set up..

just to ck how do i put money into the childs acct-is there a problem with it being a different name where the money will be sent from?)
or is this not a problem..??
thanks
Each child needs their own bank account.

Take your koseki down to Yucho and open an account for all three. Then apply for online banking.

With Rakuten at least from Yucho online, the transfers are instant.

Be mindful of gift tax, and make sure relatives transfer monetary gifts into your children's accounts, not yours.