Navigating Monex website - setting up automatic deposits

ExpatScot
Regular

Navigating Monex website - setting up automatic deposits

Post by ExpatScot »

Hi all,

I've posted about navigating the Monex website before, but hopefully this'll be my last! I got my tsumitate NISA account up and running last year at 20,000 a month, and this year want to increase it to the 33,000 max and then forget about it for 19 years.

I thought I had successfully upped it to 33,000 but when checking my account transfer schedule, it looks like 66,000 is due to come out of my SMBC account later this month, leading me to think that I must have set up double payments (see pic).
transfer schedule.PNG
When I checked my deposit page it looks like I have 2 deposits set up, one as a regular automatic deposit for 33,000:
1.PNG
1.PNG (6.07 KiB) Viewed 734 times
and one as a Tsumitate regular deposit:
2.PNG
2.PNG (8.88 KiB) Viewed 734 times
I think I just completely misunderstood the deposit page and thought that the regular automatic deposit was from my SMBC account to Monex, while the tsumitate deposit was Monex purchasing the monthly eMaxis slim.

Anyway, I'd love it if someone could have a quick look at their Monex deposit page and see how it is set up, I presume that I just stop the payments for the regular automatic deposit which will leave me with the tsumitate deposit.

Cheers
Gareth
Veteran

Re: Navigating Monex website - setting up automatic deposits

Post by Gareth »

Looks like exactly the same thing has happened to me. I have only just set up my tsumitate NISA and my first payment came out at the end of December. I was very confused why 66,666 came out of my account instead of the expected 33,333, and subsequently why 33,333 went on my NISA and 33,333 was sat there doing nothing. Looks like you are right that we have managed to set up a regular payment at the same time as a NISA payment.

Not sure how to fix it at the moment. Sure it can't be too hard.

Looks like I've got 33,333 to spend on some lovely stocks. Might treat myself to something nice!
ExpatScot
Regular

Post by ExpatScot »

Gareth wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm Looks like exactly the same thing has happened to me. I have only just set up my tsumitate NISA and my first payment came out at the end of December. I was very confused why 66,666 came out of my account instead of the expected 33,333, and subsequently why 33,333 went on my NISA and 33,333 was sat there doing nothing. Looks like you are right that we have managed to set up a regular payment at the same time as a NISA payment.

Not sure how to fix it at the moment. Sure it can't be too hard.

Looks like I've got 33,333 to spend on some lovely stocks. Might treat myself to something nice!
Well, it's good that I'm not alone at least! :)
Ichigo
Regular

Post by Ichigo »

I'm having the same issue!
Did you find any solution?

I.
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Seems to have been simple to sort. On the second image posted above, on the right of the regular deposit section, are two buttons, change or cancel. I just clicked the cancel button, entered my PIN and that seems to have done the trick. And the main point is it doesn't seem to have deleted the NISA payments.

But of course, the proof will be in the pudding of what's taken from my account on the 27th.