What are the procedures for iDeCo contribution when changing jobs?

Mirei

What are the procedures for iDeCo contribution when changing jobs?

Post by Mirei »

I am currently contributing ¥23,000 per month. It was a setup based on my previous company, and I recently moved job.

Most information is probably on the official page,
but I have to admit I'm not so confident at my own understanding on every information on the page,
so I'd really appreciate some help and clarification in case anyone ever went through such process.

In the meantime I assume I have to check with HR, and confirm which contribution category the company is,
and whether it will change my allowed monthly contribution to iDeCo.
e.g. ¥23,000, ¥12,000, or ¥20,000.

Could anyone help to shed some light on what the procedures actually are?
Do I have to submit/report a new form even if the contributions will be the same at ¥23,000?
Anything else to take note?

Thank you!
Copyleft

Re: What are the procedures for iDeCo contribution when changing jobs?

Post by Copyleft »

Hi.
My Ideco is from Rakuten.
I login at my Rakuten account, choose Ideco and my personal page, with my name, address, the cash amount etc.
At this page in the right side have small blue button:
your name > blue button
Your address > blue button
Monthly amount > blue button

Whatever the blue button you click will send you to the same page, there you can change your address, job, contribution amount etc, after you check and confirm youll receive the paper from Rakuten (in my case) and you need to give it to your new work. Look for this kanji if you use Rakuten;
職業・勤務先の変更
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Assuming you are Class 2 → Class 2 (you get company health insurance), you need to submit two forms that you order from your broker (these links are samples form the official page you've already linked to):

1. Change of Employer 加入者登録事業所変更届 (K-011)
2. Registration of Employer / Certificate of Status (you did this once once already when opening the account) 新しいタブでPDFが開きます 事業所登録申請書兼第2号加入者に係る事業主の証明書 (K-101A)

The 2nd one your employer fills out part of it to confirm your status, and you use that information to complete the first one, and post them both off together.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

adamu wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:55 pm Assuming you are Class 2 → Class 2 (you get company health insurance), you need to submit two forms that you order from your broker (these links are samples form the official page you've already linked to):

1. Change of Employer 加入者登録事業所変更届 (K-011)
2. Registration of Employer / Certificate of Status (you did this once once already when opening the account) 新しいタブでPDFが開きます 事業所登録申請書兼第2号加入者に係る事業主の証明書 (K-101A)

The 2nd one your employer fills out part of it to confirm your status, and you use that information to complete the first one, and post them both off together.
Adamu, are these forms the same whether the iDeCo payments are being made by the individual or taken out of salary by the company?
I assume so, but just wondered.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.