Freee questions

imaginatorium
Regular

Freee questions

Post by imaginatorium »

I am trying to use Freee. First, very simple, question (I'll use the Japanese terms for anything in the system)

I have entered a 取引. I also (somewhere) said "tax inclusive", meaning that the amounts I write down are 税込み amounts. But the first transaction I happened to enter is a payment to Pair Networks, so does not include any tax. I cannot see how to modify the transaction to set tax to zero.

Grateful for any response...
Brian Chandler
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan
https://imaginatorium.com
imaginatorium
Regular

Re: Freee questions

Post by imaginatorium »

OK, I solved this immediate problem, and I am now trying to make these ルール things. I will post more in the taxes list...
Brian Chandler
imaginatorium
Regular

Re: Freee questions - saving my data

Post by imaginatorium »

I have filed a tax return made with Freee; for various reasons I will write about later I do not intend to use this software any further. So I need to make a backup copy of all of the data, in case the tax office ask for it. Can anyone advise me from experience of the best way to do this?
Brian Chandler
DragonAsh
Veteran

Post by DragonAsh »

Possibly too late for you, but from Setup (設定), go to 'バックアップ
Attachments
Screenshot.png
imaginatorium
Regular

Post by imaginatorium »

DragonAsh wrote
Possibly too late for you, but from Setup (設定), go to 'バックアップ...
Thanks for replying. Actually I sorted it out in the end, but note that the "backup" above is not what you need to "keep records" (7 years, for tax purposes). This "backup" just saves your current account settings and so on, I think in an opaque format so the only thing you can do is reload it into the Freee system.

But I found a way to download the complete transaction file (actually two files, one of "inpayments and outpayments", labelled 'deals', the other of "transfers" between (bank) accounts), in csv format. I printed out the top of the 'deals' file, and went round to the tax office, to confirm that having this file was enough, and they said yes. So then I closed my acount - or rather "terminated payment"; as expected it was quite a struggle to find how to do this, but the Freee system was helpful in that it reminded me about the need to keep records, and said I could leave all the account info there and continue with a free membership, so I did that.

I was not very impressed with Freee. The problem is that it is an "expert system"; in other words it is written assuming that the software understands what is going on, and the user merely supplies answers to questions. But it does this by a lot of guesswork, assuming that you are a typical business. We aren't, because most sales are exports not subject to SHZ; also I have some income in the form of dividends on shares held on the London stock exchange, and it was a nightmare trying to stop it from assuming they are regular Japanese stocks. Along the way I discovered that for overseas dividends you are entitled to write down a 10% allowance (I think someone recently claimed the opposite here); Freee did this automatically, and I have checked both with an accountant and the tax office.

I also had trouble with making an "account" (口座), i.e. a column in the DEBK system for trade customers, who send us orders, which we write down as sales, with the amount credited to their account, and they periodically send us payments, with amounts that do not match exactly the order amounts; we then write down this payment as a transfer from their account to the bank account where the payment arrived. There simply did not seem to be a category for "account" to match this. If anyone understands what I am describing I would be grateful for any hints - are you somehow not supposed to do it this way??
Brian Chandler