Declaring Furusato nozei with the new e-tax system

adamu
Sage

Re: Declaring Furusato nozei with the new e-tax system

Post by adamu »

Finished the tax return using eTax.

I didn't bother with the ePost stuff, just uploaded the XML files.

The XML file for Furusato Nozei went smoothly.

The XML file for the tokutei kouza wasn't bad, but it didn't handle the foreign dividend deduction - the reason I was uploading the form in the first place - which you had to apply for separately via a rather baffling screen with lots of manual data entry (which I'd thankfully figured out last year so just looked at what I did then :))

One hiccup I had is that if you start the process with the "submit paper form" option, you can't later switch it to My Number Card, you have to go through the whole process again from the start. Hopefully that was good muscle-memory-building for next year. ;)
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

adamu wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:59 pm One hiccup I had is that if you start the process with the "submit paper form" option, you can't later switch it to My Number Card, you have to go through the whole process again from the start.
So, if you have saved your “paper form” data, you can’t restart the process again using e-Tax for submission and load the data file?

I started my e-Tax submission off by starting from my Reiwa 3 data file from last year, and that much worked at least. (I was thinking it strange I need to fiddle with my Number card just to enter all my data for Reiwa 4 but maybe just as well I did it this way then.)
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

sutebayashi wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:10 am
adamu wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:59 pm One hiccup I had is that if you start the process with the "submit paper form" option, you can't later switch it to My Number Card, you have to go through the whole process again from the start.
So, if you have saved your “paper form” data, you can’t restart the process again using e-Tax for submission and load the data file?

I started my e-Tax submission off by starting from my Reiwa 3 data file from last year, and that much worked at least. (I was thinking it strange I need to fiddle with my Number card just to enter all my data for Reiwa 4 but maybe just as well I did it this way then.)
Yes it seems to be the case.

If you load a paper submission data file, it automatically selects paper submission mode, and at least I couldn't figure out a way to switch modes. It might be there somewhere.