when is the new forum going to be an active link???

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
captainspoke
Sage

when is the new forum going to be an active link???

Post by captainspoke »

Ben, your forum-izing is like stuck in the 90s.

I realize you want to do things on the cheap, but how about you bite the bullet and pay for something real?

Until then, bye, bye.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: when is the new forum going to be an active link???

Post by RetireJapan »

Sorry for the delay! I agree the old forum was a bit crap, but I quite like this one :)

I'm planning to get the blog moved over here in the next month or two so that should help.

Not so much cheap as zero-budget... I pay for the site myself and it doesn't make any money other than a couple of hundred yen a month in Amazon referrals!
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Joy
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Better than Facebook though

Post by Joy »

With Facebook, can't keep topics organized.

This phpBB forum works alright.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

I'd rather have stuff here as Facebook changes the rules every couple of weeks... :roll:

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Hymix

Post by Hymix »

captainspoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm Ben, your forum-izing is like stuck in the 90s.

I realize you want to do things on the cheap, but how about you bite the bullet and pay for something real?

Until then, bye, bye.
With all due respect, an attitude like that isn't going to be missed on this or any other forum.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Hymix wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:08 am
captainspoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm Ben, your forum-izing is like stuck in the 90s.

Until then, bye, bye.
With all due respect, an attitude like that isn't going to be missed on this or any other forum.
I was all set to apologize for my initial post here (which I agree was harsh, and that Ben handled graciously), but then over on the blog side of things, I realized I couldn't post a link to something that I thought was valuable. The link that I thought I had posted just didn't appear in my post, making it look a little stupid/nonsensical.

Here's my challenge for you: post a link, in whatever format you like, to see if it comes through.

Maybe by doing this we'll see what works with this totally oddball forum software, and what doesn't.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Hi CS

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The blog runs on Weebly, and this forum on phpBB.

Weebly comments need to be approved before they are seen, but I don't edit them.

New members need to post three times before they get unmoderated posting (their status changes to Newbie).

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)