Can I find a pension payments history online?

christhebrit

Can I find a pension payments history online?

Post by christhebrit »

Long story short, I accidentally shredded the card that details my pensions payments for 令和3 and need it to do my 確定申告.

Is it possible to find the details of my payments online anywhere (or using mynumber), or do I have to contact the pension service to request something from them?

EDIT: I also have every payslip from 2021 which shows the 年金 payments on them, is it possible to just add up all of those and use that?
beanhead
Sage

Re: Can I find a pension payments history online?

Post by beanhead »

Create an account on nenkin net

Summary here : https://retirewiki.jp/wiki/Nenkin_Net
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
christhebrit

Post by christhebrit »

Thanks, I am logged in to MyNa but where is the QR code scanner that is mentioned here? Cannot find it on the screen at all
download/file.php?mode=view&id=376
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 15.12.14.png
christhebrit

Post by christhebrit »

OK, found out why... it you log in via the Myna app it moves you to the browser.

The actual QR reader is in the app. But it looks identical to the browser it redirects to :lol:
ClearAsMud
Veteran

Post by ClearAsMud »

If you make pension payments solely through company withholding, the amount should already be included among the social-insurance totals on your company 源泉徴収票 and you shouldn't need to enter the information separately on your return. Are some special circumstances involved?

As for the pension card itself, if you already have a Nenkin Net account (see the link in the previous post), you can just log in and view your record. The yearly postcard you accidentally destroyed is posted there in digital format, and since it's no longer necessary to attach the card to the tax return, you just download the file for your records and use the information to fill in the appropriate blank(s) on your return (assuming you're not a company employee). You can also order a physical copy from your online account, although it will take a week or so to receive it.

If you don't have a Nenkin Net account yet (be sure to create one!), alternatives exist, but they are more troublesome. You can request a replacement copy by phone, but the Japan Pension Service website cautions that it will take about two weeks to issue it (with the possibility of faster service if you call your local pension office rather than the Pension Service's Nenkin Dial clearinghouse number at 0570-05-1165; see https://www.nenkin.go.jp/international/ ... fices.html for the complete list of local offices). The clearinghouse number apparently offers services in various languages, but with local offices you'll be expected to use Japanese on the phone. Or go in person to your local pension office, where you can probably find someone to help you in English and may be able to obtain a replacement on the spot (I've never tried, so I can't vouch for that, but you should at least be able to get the necessary information).

I have no idea whether the adding-up method would work, but normally your company will have already done the math for you, and if you lose the company slip, you should be able to get it replaced pretty easily.
christhebrit

Post by christhebrit »

If you make pension payments solely through company withholding, the amount should already be included among the social-insurance totals on your company 源泉徴収票 and you shouldn't need to enter the information separately on your return.
Oh, that makes sense - will already be included in deductions then I guess. That is good to know.
The yearly postcard you accidentally destroyed is posted there in digital format
Great, that is really helpful then. Now that I know how to log in via the Myna portal it should be pretty straightforward to keep track of everything in the future
ClearAsMud
Veteran

Post by ClearAsMud »

You seem to be moving pretty quickly. You probably won't see the online version of this year's postcard in your Nenkin Net acount, but the account is really useful to have.

On your return, you first put the whole social-insurance amount obtained from the company slip into one of the appropriate spaces on the second page of your return and label it with "源泉徴収票のとおり" (the NTA's online site does it for you if you use it), and put the same amount (unless you have other items to add) into the corresponding line on the first page as a deduction.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

Similar question so asking here. I paid my first kokumin nenkin payment about 2 weeks ago. I had the payment slip and paid via pay easy or some such stupid online payment system.
I can’t see anywhere on the nenkin net site that I’ve paid it. Any idea where this payment history is?
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:06 am
I can’t see anywhere on the nenkin net site that I’ve paid it. Any idea where this payment history is?
Try this:

年金記録を確認する

一覧で年金記録を確認する
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

beanhead wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:17 pm
KCLenny wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:06 am
Try this:

年金記録を確認する

一覧で年金記録を確認する
No luck. It has yearly payment info but I can’t see anything for a monthly breakdown except whether I have to pay for that month or not, not how much I have paid.
Which is annoying cause I did pay about 2 weeks ago for my July bill. I’ve obviously got the only payment evidence for when I can eventually get to the pension office. But still. Thought there’d be a bit on the nenkin net showing me the payment by now.
(Unless I’m still in the wrong place but I really can’t see it).