Rakuten Sign Up Nightmare

Jemineye
Regular

Re: Rakuten Sign Up Nightmare

Post by Jemineye »

In the end, they had to have be verify with my full name and squashed my first and middle name together.
I also had to create a shorter version of my name so I just squashed my surname together and used the first initial of my first name and they seemed to accept that.

What a pollava!!
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

This happens a lot unfortunately.

Would you mind writing down the steps you went through in detail, so the boffins can update the Wiki for the next poor soul who dares to have a middle name?
Jemineye
Regular

Post by Jemineye »

I had to write my name in full romaji first and then I had to write my name in katakana in the box below. So I wrote my surname in the surname box and I wrote my first and middle name with a space in between in the "given name" box. This was also the case for the furigana boxes but obviously in katakana.

When you start writing your name in Romaji, another box will appear underneath the furigana boxes. I forgot what it's called, but in that extra box, you have to write a shorter version of your name that does not exceed 8 characters. This goes for surname, first name and middle name. I had to write my surname in full in the surname box and I had to write the first initial of my first name in the "given name" box.

I hope that helps.