Monex - name problems

adobo_

Re: Monex - name problems

Post by adobo_ »

sutebayashi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:13 am
I don’t use MUFJ myself, but it looks like they might be able to do automated transfers, too: https://www.bk.mufg.jp/tsukau/furikomi/ ... index.html

Doing it in automated fashion might even be preferable to the instantaneous method, since you probably don’t want to have to use the instantaneous method manually each month, anyway.

(Well, at least if you can do it for free.)
Thanks again for the input sutebayashi-san! i would try this with my MUFJ account. seems that i can transfer automatically from MUFJ to monex.

cheers!
William
Regular

Re: Monex - name problems

Post by William »

adobo_ wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:24 am
William wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:14 am I hit the same problem some time ago. Monex registered all my names, but Shinsei didn't when I opened my bank account ten years ago.

I had to change my name with Shinsei, so that it's exactly the same name.
is shinsei your bank?? you changed your name? or you opened another bank account? anyways, thanks for the input!

i am not into changing the name on my bank account as i am using it for my payroll and other bills payment.

is there any other way?

thanks in advance!
I apologize for the time I took to answer you — I read this forum regularly but not on a daily basis. But in the end, I trust you could solve the problem.

To answer your question, if it can help someone else in the future: Shinsei is indeed my main bank account (although I also have a MUFJ) and I changed the registered name. If I remember correctly, I could do this online.

I have some automatic withdrawals linked to this bank account (credit cards, rent...) but changing the name didn't cause any trouble, maybe because they also kept the original name somewhere in the back end?