Windows 10 cheap Anti Virus

Tips to save money in Japan, life better for less, etc.
concerned
Veteran

Re: Windows 10 cheap Anti Virus

Post by concerned »

"Do you have unique, significantly random, passwords for all these accounts? Who else has your credentials? Are you using two-step authentication?

Perhaps a subscription to a password manager would be a better idea."

Yes the passwords are different for each account, and no one else knows them.
Yahoo mail and NetFlix were not using two step authentication just entering a simple password, which I guess these days is not enough
Thanks! for the advice on the password manager
Jed331

Post by Jed331 »

I mostly use my Mac but I don’t use any anti virus on my windows computer …. If I did, I would probably not go for the cheap ones
entdark
Regular

Post by entdark »

For all Windows users you only need Windows Defender and keep it updated (the OS does this for you). If you want a password manager, you can use 1Password or Chrome's built-in with sync on all devices.
Gulliver
Veteran

Post by Gulliver »

concerned wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 am Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for good and cheap antivirus for Windows 10 OS?
I was using Norton, which cost be 4,700 Yen for the last year, but they are now requesting I pay 15,700 to extend it for another year...
BitDefender seems to be a cheaper alternative not sure how reliable it is though..
Thanks
The trick is to turn off automatic renewal when you buy it. Then when your subscription lapses buy a new subscription at at the discounted price again.