Renaming RetireJapan

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Renaming RetireJapan

Post by RetireJapan »

kawasemi wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:32 am I like the inclusivity of "residents" too. Some folks might fall in the "expat" trap there, but you didn't.
Absolutely. I know we have plenty of Japanese readers too 8-)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
TJKansai
Veteran

Post by TJKansai »

I suspect all the regulars here are either retired or planning to retire in Japan, so it fits.
Whether temporary residents are shying away because of the name...that is a hard question to answer.
UnderscoreEX
Regular

Post by UnderscoreEX »

I think this name fits perfectly. I was really excited to see that there was so much content exactly about my concerns at the time.
If it were a name that suggested finance/saving in Japan, I don't think I would have joined. One thing I love about this website, the forum and the youtube channel is that I know it is all from the perspective of retirement.
Some other discord groups I use will give advice about finance or life in Japan, but it is usually short-term advice about 'surviving the X number of years' until you go back home.
You have well to be the best source in town for this topic and I think the name fit this.
tokyolights

Post by tokyolights »

I agree with others that RetireJapan is already a fairly known thing among the english community in Japan. Most people that I talk with have heard of it already to some degree (kudos for that!).

I recently struggled with the naming issue myself while starting my own newsletter/blog. I settled for Yen Sensei: Personal Finance in Japan. It sounds super cliche, but hey, maybe that ends up working in my favor.
banders
Veteran

Post by banders »

What UnderscoreEX said ↑