SBI Tsumitate NISA - Beginners

styxomaniac
Regular

SBI Tsumitate NISA - Beginners

Post by styxomaniac »

Hello,

I opened my SBI T-NISA in December and purchased eMAXIS (S&P500) & Global Equity (All Country) using my credit card. Payment was completed on 12/13 as per my SMBC credit card statement. I do have some questions because I feel I am missing something.

■ How do I check the summary and movement of my account.
■ Why is it that when I go to My Asset it shows 0 yen
■ Is there a page that shows the value of the money I have invested

Any help is appreciated because I am getting worried that I made a mistake and because I do not read Japanese it makes it that much more complicated.

THANK YOU!
Attachments
Capt12ure.JPG
Capturdssde2.JPG
Pic1.jpg
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Re: SBI Tsumitate NISA - Beginners

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

styxomaniac wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:54 am Hello,

I opened my SBI T-NISA in December and purchased eMAXIS (S&P500) & Global Equity (All Country) using my credit card. Payment was completed on 12/13 as per my SMBC credit card statement. I do have some questions because I feel I am missing something.

■ How do I check the summary and movement of my account.
■ Why is it that when I go to My Asset it shows 0 yen
■ Is there a page that shows the value of the money I have invested

Any help is appreciated because I am getting worried that I made a mistake and because I do not read Japanese it makes it that much more complicated.

THANK YOU!
The picture you posted says the delivery date is today. So this will be reflected in your account probably some time in the next 24 hours.
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

Thank you TokyoBoglehead, you are right I can see them now!
So it takes about 3 months for application, approval and purchase before you can actually see movement in you T-NISA/NISA account with SBI (or probably any broker).
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

styxomaniac wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:26 am Thank you TokyoBoglehead, you are right I can see them now!
So it takes about 3 months for application, approval and purchase before you can actually see movement in you T-NISA/NISA account with SBI (or probably any broker).
NiSA can take awhile, and credit card purchases take 30 days +.

So this combo takes the most time of all, but is your worth it!
northSaver
Veteran

Post by northSaver »

Just to hijack this thread a little... I want to switch from Regular NISA in 2022 to Tsumitate NISA in 2023 with SBI, and the message says that it will take almost two months! Does that sound right? It's not as if I'm a new customer, I already have a normal account and NISA account with them.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

northSaver wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:18 pm I want to switch from Regular NISA in 2022 to Tsumitate NISA in 2023 with SBI, and the message says that it will take almost two months! Does that sound right?
Sounds a bit long. I believe they will send you paper forms, which you have to send back. I'm surprised it's even possible, actually. But if you've not invested any money yet this year, I guess theoretically it is.

This FAQ says it takes 1-2 days after they receive the forms.
https://faq.sbisec.co.jp/answer/5ec389e ... 00111ec3b9
northSaver
Veteran

Post by northSaver »

Yes, they are sending a paper form. Maybe that message was a worst case scenario. Thanks for the info :)
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Eek. On Rakuten it's one click to switch from tsumitate NISA to regular or back, happens instantly.

I changed mine three times in December 😅
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

northSaver wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:18 pm Just to hijack this thread a little... I want to switch from Regular NISA in 2022 to Tsumitate NISA in 2023 with SBI, and the message says that it will take almost two months! Does that sound right? It's not as if I'm a new customer, I already have a normal account and NISA account with them.
I'm with Rakuten and I decided pretty last minute, around DEC 26th, to change from regular to tsumitate for 2023 and the money is coming from my Post Office Bank account. Anyway, they said it would take two months to process everything meaning I could only make 10months of payments. So I had to go into the settings and make my monthly contributions ¥4man so I could fill up the whole ¥40man tsumitate allowance...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Bushiman wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:21 am I'm with Rakuten and I decided pretty last minute, around DEC 26th, to change from regular to tsumitate for 2023 and the money is coming from my Post Office Bank account. Anyway, they said it would take two months to process everything meaning I could only make 10months of payments. So I had to go into the settings and make my monthly contributions ¥4man so I could fill up the whole ¥40man tsumitate allowance...
Ah, so it might be the method of payment then. I set it to take the money from my broker cash balance.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)