Dishes and Cutlery

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Silversurfer

Re: Dishes and Cutlery

Post by Silversurfer »

nicolina wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:15 pm Noritake has a fantastic collection.
https://tableware.noritake.co.jp/index. ... gJDNvD_BwE
Noritake has one design that shamelessly rips off Wedgwood’s Wild Strawberries pattern. Unconscionable. Why bother with imitations when the real thing is available? Blimey!

Royal Albert and a Royal Doulton are also attractive.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Sometimes when we go out, I have trouble deciding whether to wear the Piaget, or just a Rolex...
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Standards, my boy, standards. I’m working-class, but would never pretend that beer is champagne. Upstart Noritake is not classic Wedgwood. Who needs fake imitations?
Nancy
Regular

Post by Nancy »

Just a thought, but I heard that you should never buy metal products at a 100 yen store if the product was made in China, because of possible lead content. I think that the same thought might be for ceramic items made in China. I read a case history once of a child who was have symptoms of lead poisoning, but no one knew this or what the symptoms meant etc. The doctors finally figured out that the mother was giving the child orange juice every day from a ceramic pitcher which was made in Mexico and they discovered that there was lead in the glaze that was leaking into the orange juice.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I would be careful of hearsay. There are more than a hundred million people in Japan and a large number of them shop at Daiso, Seria, Watts etc. If the products they are selling are unsafe, it would be apparent quickly. I'm sure they have supply chain standards, quality checks and are pretty keen to make sure their products are safe.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Nancy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:05 am Just a thought, ...
It's been a while, but I've read similar things about stainless steel, or at least some stainless steels. I guess there can be a danger of nickel and other metals leaching out.

(I've also read that microplastics have even been found in arterial plaque.)