This month's iDeCo contribution not deducted?

AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

This month's iDeCo contribution not deducted?

Post by AreTheyTheLemmings? »

I've just discovered that no money was deducted for my iDeCo pay-in on the usual day in March. The bank account had sufficient funds, so no problem there. Has this happened to anyone else?
AussiePete

Re: This month's iDeCo contribution not deducted?

Post by AussiePete »

Out of curiosity, which bank are you with?
Mine was withdrawn from my SMBC account on 27th without a problem.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

Rakuten Securities, Aeon Bank. No issue here either.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

Thanks for responding. My iDeCo is with Rakuten and the contributions are deducted from the company account at PayPay Bank. I've never had this issue before, so it's all a bit of a mystery.

Anyway, it seems that no-one else here has experienced anything similar, so I'll wait until the middle of the month (when pay-ins usually show up on the Rakuten dashboard) and if there's no change I'll make an enquiry.
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:30 am Thanks for responding. My iDeCo is with Rakuten and the contributions are deducted from the company account at PayPay Bank. I've never had this issue before, so it's all a bit of a mystery.

Anyway, it seems that no-one else here has experienced anything similar, so I'll wait until the middle of the month (when pay-ins usually show up on the Rakuten dashboard) and if there's no change I'll make an enquiry.
Take a look at the following screen.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 161402.jpg
AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

Solved! This month's iDeCo contribution not deducted?

It turns out this was my own fault.

I had failed to fill out and submit the paperwork they send to the employer every so often (I'm my own employer in this case) and the account was suspended. I instructed them to restart the account, completed the required procedures, waited a month or so for the wheels to turn, and my iDeCo is now back up and running.

The moral of the story is: tidy your desk every once in a while so mail from the iDeCo people doesn't get buried under a pile of crap.
banders
Veteran

Post by banders »

We forgot to put enough money in the necessary bank account one month and missed one payment of one of our SBI iDeCos. Nothing we could do about it afterwards.
adamu
Sage

Re: Solved! This month's iDeCo contribution not deducted?

Post by adamu »

AreTheyTheLemmings? wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:01 am It turns out this was my own fault.

I had failed to fill out and submit the paperwork they send to the employer every so often (I'm my own employer in this case) and the account was suspended. I instructed them to restart the account, completed the required procedures, waited a month or so for the wheels to turn, and my iDeCo is now back up and running.

The moral of the story is: tidy your desk every once in a while so mail from the iDeCo people doesn't get buried under a pile of crap.
This almost happened to me once too, when the company I used to work for didn't reply to them. Thankfully they also sent me a request personally, which I took to HR and stood there while they filled it out, then posted it myself.