Renting out a mansion - is it worth it?

HankNeva
Regular

Re: Renting out a mansion - is it worth it?

Post by HankNeva »

Not 333man but 33.3man per year.
Same mistake with "monthly fees of 720man", I am hoping!
Thanks! I edited the post accordingly.
HankNeva
Regular

Post by HankNeva »

If the property is rented out, the tenant usually pays the Mansion Management Fees, which include the operating costs; garbage, shared services, etc., and the maintenance pool... in addition to the rent...
When i look at data on apartments for sale there are two monthly fees mentioned:

参考管理費 - Management fee
and
参考修繕積立金 - Repair fund

I was assuming that the rentor would only be resposnible for rent, and that the owner would have to pay both these monthly fees. Is your experience that Management fees would be paid by the rentor in addition to the rent?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

HankNeva wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:26 am I was assuming that the rentor would only be resposnible for rent, and that the owner would have to pay both these monthly fees. Is your experience that Management fees would be paid by the rentor in addition to the rent?
That is my understanding, although you could list the fees out separately if you wanted to.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

HankNeva wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:26 am
If the property is rented out, the tenant usually pays the Mansion Management Fees, which include the operating costs; garbage, shared services, etc., and the maintenance pool... in addition to the rent...
When i look at data on apartments for sale there are two monthly fees mentioned:

参考管理費 - Management fee
and
参考修繕積立金 - Repair fund

I was assuming that the rentor would only be resposnible for rent, and that the owner would have to pay both these monthly fees. Is your experience that Management fees would be paid by the rentor in addition to the rent?
Pretty much the case in the UK, landlord is responsible for ground rent and management fees. Although tenants have to pay Council tax.
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

“…My quick take is that investing the 8-13m capital gain in an index fund is going to be more profitable, less stress, and less risky than renting the manshon out.

Any counterargument?…”

Not really a counter argument, you may be correct.

One of my rental properties pays me 8% a year, NET, based on my initial investment, taxes, maintenance, etc. It’s a detached house. I have a management company that handles everything for me. It works. I’m content. I control my asset. Not dependent on the market, or fund managers or interest rates or NISA legislation. I control my own destiny. Plus - PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP! Paid five million yen for it (bought from a bank with no down payment) and have made double that in rent over the years. A humdrum house in a humdrum neighborhood. It might sell for four million yen now. I’ll take it.