Furusato nozei changes from October

sutebayashi
Veteran

Furusato nozei changes from October

Post by sutebayashi »

For those who are doing Furusato Nozei, you might care to be aware that there are changes coming into effect from October 1st that may lead to what are effectively price increases for a lot of things. So, you might like to use your 2023 furusato nozei before this month of September 2023 is out.

My spouse has been alerting me about this recently, and a TV show was taking this up this morning.

One aspect is that (seemingly to target places like Izumisano-shi) the government is going to tighten the rules about where the swag can originate from in some cases, with meat products being noted specifically.

Another aspect was that there was a grey area around the breakdown of how a size of donation can relate to the swag, and as i recall, whether some administrative costs (like advertising or fees to furusato aggregators) be considered.

My recollection of the details is vague, but in essence, if you want to maximize the bang for your yen, doing your donations in September might be of interest.
goran
Veteran

Re: Furusato nozei changes from October

Post by goran »

sutebayashi wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:19 am For those who are doing Furusato Nozei, you might care to be aware that there are changes coming into effect from October 1st that may lead to what are effectively price increases for a lot of things. So, you might like to use your 2023 furusato nozei before this month of September 2023 is out.

My spouse has been alerting me about this recently, and a TV show was taking this up this morning.

One aspect is that (seemingly to target places like Izumisano-shi) the government is going to tighten the rules about where the swag can originate from in some cases, with meat products being noted specifically.

Another aspect was that there was a grey area around the breakdown of how a size of donation can relate to the swag, and as i recall, whether some administrative costs (like advertising or fees to furusato aggregators) be considered.

My recollection of the details is vague, but in essence, if you want to maximize the bang for your yen, doing your donations in September might be of interest.
Used up all my and wife's furusato for this year in August. However, we recently moved and the address changed. So, we have to inform each one of the cities. :roll:
eyeswideshut
Veteran

Post by eyeswideshut »

I saw the same news segment. I don't think it will have a big impact on most of the gifts but will hurt some of the more 'liberal' municipalities that were gaming the system. That said, I have noticed steady price increases in some goods over the past couple of years so I imagine that trend will continue. I long for a return to the heady days of 2016 when you could get 50% of your donated tax back in travel coupons.
TJKansai
Veteran

Post by TJKansai »

I just heard about this today and will be putting in the last 30% of my orders this week.

Unfortunately, I missed out at the beginning on only got the tail end of the 50% value return.

Still, getting rewards for paying taxes (in particular knowing how to fill out paperwork) is something I have never heard of in any other country.
TJKansai
Veteran

Post by TJKansai »

If you want to blow a wad, cheese is one way:

https://www.furusato-tax.jp/product/det ... te_product

Or repeated deliveries of anything (rice, beer, butter, whatever). We've scheduled the next 6 months of rice.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

TJKansai wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:04 am If you want to blow a wad, cheese is one way:

https://www.furusato-tax.jp/product/det ... te_product
Bookmarked! (thanks)
Wilbur
Regular

Post by Wilbur »

Grapes are in season right now. I highly recommend grapes but I am biased because I am the farmer who grows them. :D If you search "カナダ人農園主" on your furosato site you might see my grapes. We are currently selling them on 3 of the furosatonozei sites.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

Love grapes… will check it out.
TJKansai
Veteran

Post by TJKansai »

Wilbur wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:32 pm Grapes are in season right now. I highly recommend grapes but I am biased because I am the farmer who grows them. :D If you search "カナダ人農園主" on your furosato site you might see my grapes. We are currently selling them on 3 of the furosatonozei sites.
Found yours, but my wife already ordered from another grower. Maybe next year ;)
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Just ordered 3kg of your grapes, looking forward to some more Shine Muscat!