Video on financial 'advisory' companies in Tokyo

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Video on financial 'advisory' companies in Tokyo

Post by RetireJapan »

I am thinking of doing a video on predatory financial advisors in Tokyo.

Do you think changing the names to Flag, Neptune, and Aurum is enough? 😀
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
captainspoke
Sage

Re: Video on financial 'advisory' companies in Tokyo

Post by captainspoke »

No. Just do it generally--do not use any cute names, just define/lay out the three, five, or seven things that make something 'predatory' (if you even need to use that term, and I'd recommend not). Use positive reinforcement, not negative.

And go back and review that thread/threads post/posts from years ago (in the private section of the forum).
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

I agree with the captain. Libel laws in Japan are such that regardless of the truthfulness of what you're saying, they can sue based on damage to reputation. You shouldn't even hint at the names.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:31 am I am thinking of doing a video on predatory financial advisors in Tokyo.

Do you think changing the names to Flag, Neptune, and Aurum is enough? 😀
I hope you do make it. Of course you don't need to mention a "specific" company at all ( if you going to say they are predatory), but i guess if you give your OWN OPINION about what hypothetical "Company A" might do that is predatory, that has to be a good thing. Of course, this could easily be a company in any country. Of course, it's also fair, and reasonable to give opinions about specific products. Just give us pointers on what to look out for.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.