PayPay Card - application rejected

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
Azrael

PayPay Card - application rejected

Post by Azrael »

Hi all

Does anyone here have a PayPay credit card (they just refer to it as PayPay Card)? If so, did you have any issues when applying for it / experience of the application being rejected? I have had an application rejected twice and they won't tell me why. All they did say was it was 'keizaiteki'! I have PR, have been paying taxes here for a long time and pretty sure my salary isn't the issue, plus I do have another credit card here. It could be that I have a long name including my middle name that doesn't fit in the name field (so only entered my first name) but surely they would say that is the reason?! Any thoughts before I start playing the race card?!

Thanks very much!
zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: PayPay Card - application rejected

Post by zeroshiki »

You could try getting a credit report from CiC to see if there's any red flags that come up? Did you buy a phone on installment? Have an outstanding loan? Also, it takes 6 months for a rejection to fall off the credit report so if it was within 6 months then the 2nd application you put in would have been an auto-reject no matter the reason.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Thanks very much for your response; for some reason I only just noticed it! Have you ever used the CiC? I'm assuming its not a free service?! I can't see any reasons why there would be any issues as have no loans etc other than, yes, the phone is on installment with Softbank. Would that make a difference then do you think? I was told to re-apply straight away so thanks for the heads up on the auto-reject within 6 months. Very annoying.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Azrael wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:44 am Hi all

Does anyone here have a PayPay credit card (they just refer to it as PayPay Card)? If so, did you have any issues when applying for it / experience of the application being rejected? I have had an application rejected twice and they won't tell me why. All they did say was it was 'keizaiteki'! I have PR, have been paying taxes here for a long time and pretty sure my salary isn't the issue, plus I do have another credit card here. It could be that I have a long name including my middle name that doesn't fit in the name field (so only entered my first name) but surely they would say that is the reason?! Any thoughts before I start playing the race card?!

Thanks very much!
The PayPay card is an アプラス card, like the Monex card. They are very very strict. More so then SMBC, Rakuten etc. Lots of Japanese people get rejected.

My wife was auto-approved through the PayPay app immediately upon approval though, she used Paypay a lot and had 2 credit cards and 3 family cards already.

Basic rules apply, do not choose the cashing option, make sure all your information is correct, and try to connect your banking information of possible from the getgo. etc etc.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Azrael wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:46 pm Thanks very much for your response; for some reason I only just noticed it! Have you ever used the CiC? I'm assuming its not a free service?! I can't see any reasons why there would be any issues as have no loans etc other than, yes, the phone is on installment with Softbank. Would that make a difference then do you think? I was told to re-apply straight away so thanks for the heads up on the auto-reject within 6 months. Very annoying.
I have used it when I got rejected before and, like you, was in disbelief. It's fairly straightforward to get a report and the cost is trivial (500 yen).
https://www.cic.co.jp/mydata/online/index.html

If you have ever missed a payment (cc or phone installment) it will stay on your record for 2 years which could be a reason for them to reject. I got the report and didn't find anything wrong with my record so your mileage might vary.