Rakuten nonsense

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
KCLenny
Veteran

Re: Rakuten nonsense

Post by KCLenny »

Fortunately it wasn’t necessary to change my Card name.
Went back today. Applied again, still failed. Staff said probably because card name is all caps but contract name isn’t. Called again, shop staf called again too. An hour of troubleshooting at the store later, the staff decided to see what would happen if they deleted my saved Card info from my Mobile account, and just add it back on again.
Et viola, I now have a brand new phone at a super cheap monthly payment. Will get a bunch of points for it too.
I’ll still be contacting Rakuten in some capacity to make an official complaint about the silly nonsensical system to see if it’ll help anyone else in the future.
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Rakuten nonsense

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:34 pm Fortunately it wasn’t necessary to change my Card name.
Went back today. Applied again, still failed. Staff said probably because card name is all caps but contract name isn’t. Called again, shop staf called again too. An hour of troubleshooting at the store later, the staff decided to see what would happen if they deleted my saved Card info from my Mobile account, and just add it back on again.
Et viola, I now have a brand new phone at a super cheap monthly payment. Will get a bunch of points for it too.
I’ll still be contacting Rakuten in some capacity to make an official complaint about the silly nonsensical system to see if it’ll help anyone else in the future.
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I am glad you worked out your issue.

But remember, if you use the super benefits replacement program (楽天モバイル買い替え超トクプログラム), you do not own your own phone. You need to return this phone in working, undamaged condition in 48 months.
アップグレードプログラムでは端末の返却が必要です。同じ端末を長く使いたい人には向きません。
The upgrade program requires the return of the terminal. It is not suitable for those who want to use the same handset for a long time.
https://www.fami-geki.com/sim/rakutenmo ... e-program/
You might want to get a really good case.