Head of household question

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
douglasxwilliams
Regular

Re: Head of household question

Post by douglasxwilliams »

Hi all ...

Thank you for taking the time to read my message and provide answers. As always, I appreciate everyone's help.

In getting more information, which isn't easy for me, i think that this is in regards to two things: the koseki and something with pension.

I am currently on a long term (5year) work visa, but in the process of applying for a PR. So, it sounds like for the koseki it makes sense that my wife is listed as the head of household...as she is Japanese.

As for the pension office stuff, i am trying to learn more about what it is they wanted to change. Maybe it is just simply adding my wife to some sort of pension document. I need to figure that one out.

Thanks again!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

For pension matters, try to talk to the pension office directly and not the people in city hall.

I'm been given the wrong information by the latter several times, and when I contacted the pension office about it they just said 'oh, those people don't know anything' :roll:
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I echo what Ben has said. Ward office staff have given me and my wife inconsistent information at different times, especially about pension and healthcare contributions. If it doesn’t sound right, check with another staff member!
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:34 pm For pension matters, try to talk to the pension office directly and not the people in city hall.

I'm been given the wrong information by the latter several times, and when I contacted the pension office about it they just said 'oh, those people don't know anything' :roll:
Ditto
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.